We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Visitor

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
First Time Visitor

For years we have vacationed in Rehoboth, DE. But this year my husband and I will be traveling alone and are considering Cape May, NJ. for a change of pace. I know that Cape May is a very family oriented spot. However, since we will be without ours, are there any places that someone can recommend that would be geared more towards couples to stay at? I've never tried a B & B. So I wouldn't know where to begin with that. I would prefer to be as close to the water as possible. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

new jersey
reviews: 50
11. Re: First Time Visitor

I too recommend the Sea Crest Inn. It was a nice motel across the street from the beach. :)

Gibbstown, New...
reviews: 47
12. Re: First Time Visitor

You'll LOVE Cape May. Do plenty of research before you go. You can be lazy and quiet or be busy but not with things like amusement parks/boardwalks and other high-energy stuff and there are a lot of "night club" type places as well.

I have stayed in 4 of the hotels in town...3 which are right across from the beach. There are a number of hotels on Beach Ave which is across the street from the beach. The majority of rooms at these hotels have a beach view if not a beach front view. There are no hotels "on" the beach.

I've stayed at Sea Crest which I see some folks recommending. It was quite some time ago though. We prefer efficiency units when we go and the Sea Crest efficiency unit we had was very nice. Nice sized living/dining/kitchen area with a sofa, table & chairs. Separate bedroom with 2 beds. Pool. Jacuzzi.

Some things to do that I highly recommend are visiting Cape May Point State Park, walk the wildlife trails. Sunset Beach for sunset and the flag lowering ceremony. Birding By Boat on the Osprey. Dolphin Watch Sunset Cruise aboard The Spirit of Cape May. Shop the Washington Street Mall--enough places to dine there you can eat somewhere different for every breakfast and dinner! Take the time to make the short drive (15 minutes approx.) to visit the Cape May County Zoo--it runs on donations so you can pay whatever you want to go in. They have an excellent breeding program with their snow leopards there, hopefully there will be a new cub/s again this spring.

I have reviewed several Cape May places if there is a way to click on my name and see them all, I'm not sure.

I also have a Facebook fan page for Cape May Point State Park:

https:/…233961776618668

This site may be of some help to you:

http://www.capemay.com/capemayhotels.html

I'm confident you'll enjoy yourself.

cape may, nj
reviews: 13
13. Re: First Time Visitor

I live in town, so have never stayed in hotel or B&B. But if you want a real victorian flavor bu not sure about B&B, I would stay at the Chalfonte or Hotel Alcott. They are both in locations you walk everywhere and will give you a feeling of not being in anytown, but in Cape May.

14. Re: First Time Visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 27, 2014