We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Visitor

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
First Time Visitor

For years we have vacationed in Rehoboth, DE. But this year my husband and I will be traveling alone and are considering Cape May, NJ. for a change of pace. I know that Cape May is a very family oriented spot. However, since we will be without ours, are there any places that someone can recommend that would be geared more towards couples to stay at? I've never tried a B & B. So I wouldn't know where to begin with that. I would prefer to be as close to the water as possible. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

lehigh valley
reviews: 9
1. Re: First Time Visitor

Mission Inn.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
2. Re: First Time Visitor

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you know anything about "Rythym of the Sea" B & B?

new jersey
reviews: 48
3. Re: First Time Visitor

I am sure all B&B are lovely. We vacationed last year at Sea Crest Inn, a hotel, that was facing the ocean we loved it there. But if you are more geared towards a B&B, there are so many. B&B are nice, most rooms have their own bathrooms so you don't have to worry about that. We enjoyed our stay at John Craig House, they have since closed and turning into a house rental, the prior owners retired. Shame it was a lovely place. Good luck with what you decide, you both will enjoy your stay.

Edited: 1:46 pm, January 10, 2013
lehigh valley
reviews: 9
4. Re: First Time Visitor

Never stayed at Rhyhym of the Seas. As you have probably noticed it is very close to the Ocean for a Band B.However almost all Band B's are within walking distance of the Ocean, except those Like Albert Stevens,in West Cape May, and those out on Washington or Lafayette, towards the center of town. Therefore, Iwould not let the closeness to the beach be my main criteria, especially since no places are on the Beach (all are on the other side of Beach Drive). My experience is that most Band B's are oreinted to couples.

wilmington
reviews: 17
5. Re: First Time Visitor

We stayed at Rhythm a few years ago, and enjoyed it very much. The building is gorgeous, and the food was good when Wolfgang (owner and chef) was cooking -- not sure if he still does it. It is an excellent choice if you do not want a fussy Victorian decor. There is parking on site, and bicycles to use, and a beautiful view of the ocean from the window-filled common room.

The disadvantage is it is pricier than some of the other B and B's and it is a bit of a hike into town. If you are going in high season, it may be an advantage to be out of the crowded part of town, and there is a trolley then.

Two other pampering places not near the center of town we recommend are the Mission Inn (no ocean view) and Peter Shields Inn.

Other B and B's we recommend are the Saltwood House (on site parking on Jackson street!), Mason Cottage (great porch, but street parking), Bacchus Inn (street parking), Carol Villa (off site parking, and more of a hotel feel), Windward House (off site parking). None are on Beach Ave, but are close to beach, restaurants, shopping.

If you want to be on Beach Ave and in the center of town, I recommend a penthouse suite at the Marquis de Lafayette hotel. Great oceanfront views, on site parking, nice breakfast buffet, kitchenette, pool, for about the same price as a B and B. Call for best price.

There are very few places you can go wrong. We have been going as a couple for years, and have stayed at about 15 different places, mostly B and B's. I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 6
6. Re: First Time Visitor

All the above suggestions are great, I'll add Angle of the sea. MdL might be your best bet because of the view and restaurant on property. The Sea Crest inn has great views and a good location. I also have to add Congress Hall for a full service hotel and ocean views. If you go to www.capemay.com you can click on to many of these properties and see photos of them.

New York, NY
reviews: 77
7. Re: First Time Visitor

Though my favorite b&b is the Albert Stevens Inn, it is not as close proximity to the beach as you are looking for, but I can recommend the Fairthorne Inn and the Mooring - practically steps away from the beach. Both are beautiful and professionally well-run! Leith Hall is also very close to the beach and I enjoyed that b&b as well!

cape may,nj
8. Re: First Time Visitor

If you are looking for something different,think about renting a small house or apt.for a week.They are less expensive which leaves more cash for the fabulous restaurants in town.You can find them on VRBO.Vacation rental by owner,or Century 21-Gilmartin specializes in rentals.A private spot would be nice for you.

NJ
reviews: 15
9. Re: First Time Visitor

Chiming in for Sea Crest Inn. Not sure what there policy is regarding children but when we stayed there were none in sight. It was nice and quiet and extremely clean. The suite we stayed in had everything we needed including a small kitchentte and was very roomy. It also has a nice sized pool and a hot tub. We have also stayed at Summer Station many times and although just as nice it did have more of a "family" atmosphere with lots of kids splasing around in the pool.

Galloway, New Jersey
reviews: 68
10. Re: First Time Visitor

You will love Cape May! More than 400 years old, there is a sense of history that you can't find in many resort areas. There are so many amazing restaurants here that deciding where to eat is a challenge. My favorite place for breakfast is the Mad Batter and for dinner is the Washington Inn, but there are 50 great choices. Also check out our local wineries and/or breweries and take the trolley tour offered by the Mid-Altantic Center for Arts. Go to www.capemaycountychamber.com to plan your trip