We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oak Ridge, New...
reviews: 6
Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

Hello All,

My husband and me have been going to Cape May for the past 5 years and always stay at a nice B&B and go out to a nice place for dinner while were there. We absolutely LOVE Cape May! We will be bringing our 1 year old daughter to Cape May in a few weeks to see the beautiful display of the Christmas Lights and to start a new tradition of visiting Cape May around the holiday season yearly.

We've gone to places like the Ugly Mug (which we enjoy) and the Jackson Mountain Cafe, for a basic meal, nothing fancy... but would love to be able to go someplace nice while visiting. Any suggestions of restaurants that are baby/kid friendly that will allow us to bring our daughter, aside from the basic places within the surrounding area? We've gone to Cucina Rosa (our favorite) and would love to bring her there, but don't want to inconvenience other guests (of course we'd go at 5pm-we're early birds anyhow).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This will be off-season as well so again, any tips will be great. Thanks again!

North Cape May, Nj
reviews: 9
1. Re: Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

The Lobster House.

Edited: 11:56 am, December 04, 2012
NJ
reviews: 80
2. Re: Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

I would consider the Washington Inn. Have seen folks in there with young kids. It's upscale, but not overly pretenious.

wilmington
reviews: 18
3. Re: Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

Any restaurant associated with a hotel is appropriate for children. And if you are going at 5 pm, I would maintain almost any restaurant is appropriate.

If you are stroller-dependent, keep in mind some restaurants can not accommodate strollers. Ask when you call to make a reservation.

I would not want to be waiting in line at the Lobster House with a 1 year old. They do not take reservations.

I would recommend the Mad Batter (no strollers) or Lucky Bones (more casual but good food).

Have a great time!

Oak Ridge, New...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I think we're going to try the blue pig one night and lucky bones the other.

modernphoenixv2
reviews: 55
5. Re: Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

Both are great choices and the ironic thing about them is that I was going to suggest them to you, along with Tisha's! I haven't been as active on here due to some health reasons and just saw your post now, so I hope you'll please forgive me for the delay.

Have a great stay in Cape May and again, the Blue Pig and Lucky Bones are two of my favorites. At the Blue Pig, I would particularly recommend the fish and chips if you're looking for something basic (fresh fish hand fried and delicious) or the steak and cake for something a little more upscale. They also make a mean risotto.

At Lucky Bones, EVERYTHING is good... it's my favorite restaurant in Cape May, which is saying a lot, because there are some tremendous places to eat. You'll notice that especially now and in the coming months, it is still busy when other places are not, because it's a local favorite too. All their food is fresh and they're particularly known for their gourmet personal pizzas, fresh seafood dishes and a gourmet cheeseburger that will blow you away.

One of my other favorite dishes there, and this might sound funny for a restaurant in Cape May, is their pork chop. It's out of this world! The owners of Lucky Bones also own the Washington Inn and used to own the former restaurant on the top floor of the Marquis de Lafayette. When it was converted into condos, they opened Lucky Bones and took some of their most popular dishes with them... like the pork chop.

Have a great trip!

Ben Miller

6. Re: Child-Friendly Nice Restaurants in Cape May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013