We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape may in December after Sandy

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
cape may in December after Sandy

Hi,

I wanted to go to Cape May during off season (never been there before). After Sandy would it be ok to go for a day or two in a week or two? I would be going with my sister. We could drive there Friday morning or evening and leave Saturday pm (coming from Lancaster county). Should we spend more or less time while at Cape May? We would like to walk on the beach, maybe do a little hiking, walk around the town, shop and maybe spend a couple hours at the spa. Is it a reasonable plan? Is there anything else we could do?

Thnka you

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 32
1. Re: cape may in December after Sandy

I suggest to try to include the zoo in your visit. It's free, and donations are gladly accepted

capemaycountyzoo.org/admission-hours-directi…

North Cape May, Nj
reviews: 9
2. Re: cape may in December after Sandy

I am not sure whether or not you have been to Cape May before or just haven't been there off season. Prior to Christmas, there are tours of homes that are beautifully decorated. Of course, weather could alter any plans.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
reviews: 163
3. Re: cape may in December after Sandy

Just returned from the Cape. Go and enjoy! AC maybe an hour away. The Zoo? Great idea! Happy travels!

Lancaster...
4. Re: cape may in December after Sandy

No, I've never beeng on Cape May before. Thank you everyone.

5. Re: cape may in December after Sandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 16, 2013