We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ready for visitors?

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
114 reviews
Ready for visitors?

We normally go to Cape May the first week of December. I have been reading about relief efforts from Sandy and that some hotels are opening for the winter just to take in storm victims. We would like to keep our tradition, but we don't want to get in the way of relief efforts. Is it too soon to visit?

Level Contributor
260 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Ready for visitors?

No, it is not too soon to visit. Cape May is open and ready for business. Your tourist dollars will help the area. There are displaced people staying in Cape May, but there is room for tourists as well and they will be happy to have you. All normal holiday tours, etc, are still on schedule. I would book as soon as you can.

It is very kind and thoughtful of you to ask!

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Ready for visitors?

I agree with ontheway2cm's assessment and I am actually a year round resident of Cape May City. Our town has not been noticeably affected by Sandy and I am pretty sure you will be ble o keep to your Cape May the 1st week in December tradition. Welcome and enjoy!

3. Re: Ready for visitors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013