We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Sandy??

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockaway, New Jersey
reviews: 42
Hurricane Sandy??

What, if anything, is Cape May doing to prepare for Sandy? Looks like she might be a big one. =(

New Jersey
reviews: 2
11. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

There's also some ongoing dialog on the Cape May Good Times facebook page.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
12. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

I am saddened that my two sources of information on Cape May are not active on Facebook for the last 24 hours, and little has been posted here.

I hope all is well as can be expected and people are safe.

North Cape May, Nj
reviews: 9
13. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

We just returned from a drive though the city. A lot of sand on Beach Ave. but no evidence of serious damage. Power was not interrupted, so Cape May was relatively unharmed. We did see the ocean water pouring over the promenade on TV and expected there would be some flooding. Not much, if any. Our town is nearby and we did not have any flooding, damage or loss of power.

wilmington
reviews: 17
14. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

Thanks, Tony, some of us old fogies don't do Facebook, so it was great to see your post here. We have also received emails from local businesses and MAC -- all events this weekend are still on and the jazz festival the following weekend is good to go. Hotels and b and b's open, Convention Hall up and running!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 5
15. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

Thank God for CM good fortune, I was so worried.

Rockaway, New Jersey
reviews: 42
16. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy! :-)

Northeast USA
reviews: 2
17. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

Good field reporting Tony, thank you! I wasnt hearing too much about Cape May on the news and was hoping that was a good sign. Cape May and our Jersey shore vacations are such a part of our way of life. My husband and I have had so many good times on Cape May and I hope many more to come.

Edited: 8:14 pm, November 02, 2012
NJ
reviews: 78
18. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

With major destruction north of Cape May, have to imagine that it will result in higher demand for Cape May. Book early!

19. Re: Hurricane Sandy??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 07, 2013