We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Cape May

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
reviews: 12
Parking in Cape May

My condo/hotel offers one parking space per reservation. I am thinking about taking two cars for convenience, etc. My question is: i know that street parking is at a premium but what if you go inland? Is overnight street parking allowed and is it doable and safe if you go 5 or 6 blocks in from the main drag? And, this is probably pie in the sky, are there commercial parking lots?

Thank you.

NJ
reviews: 80
1. Re: Parking in Cape May

Yes, you can go inland, in some areas just a block or two and in other areas many blocks for free parking.

There's free parking at a school with a trolley as well. Not sure if you can park overnight at the school.

Buffalo, New York
2. Re: Parking in Cape May

I'll be staying at the Sandpiper which I understand is on the main drag.

My tiny village does not allow overnight street parking which is why I asked if it is permitted in CM.

And I don't mind walking a 1/2 mile or so.

modernphoenixv2
reviews: 55
3. Re: Parking in Cape May

In that area of the city, there is free parking just two blocks behind the building, going north. My family and I stay in that area of the city and frequently have friends and family come visit, so we're familiar with that one space rule...Also, if any member of your group is handicapped and has a handicapped placard, they may park at any space without incurring a ticket. The city voted on that over the off-season as a nice gesture to those who are disabled.

Ben Miller

Cape May Destination Expert

NJ
reviews: 80
4. Re: Parking in Cape May

There is parking as described but itiis a crowded area, so you might be going for more than two. Have stayed at the Sandpiper and had exact same issue and found parking straight down several blocks.

modernphoenixv2
reviews: 55
5. Re: Parking in Cape May

Good point, Bob. Thanks for adding that. It's really the luck of the draw with the free spaces in Cape May. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you have to walk. One good thing is that it's a beautiful walk in Cape May!

Ben

Buffalo, New York
6. Re: Parking in Cape May

Thanks all for such good information.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
7. Re: Parking in Cape May

Why 2 cars? If you can fit everyone in one it would be alot easier, help Cape May with it's parking problem and save on gas money.. I usually recommend to friends to come down in one and just rent from All Geared Up- chairs, coolers, strollers, bikes, umbrellas etc.

Unless you are playing golf on the mainland, you can walk most places from the Sandpiper.

8. Re: Parking in Cape May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 22, 2013