We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging recommendations

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampton, New...
reviews: 49
Lodging recommendations

Looking for lodging recommendations for July. Would like to be very close to the beach, first choice would a B&B. Found the Peter Shields Inn on here - comments? What other places does anyone recommend close to the beach, i.e. short walk carrying "stuff"?

New Jersey
reviews: 17
1. Re: Lodging recommendations

Peter Shield's is lovely.

My favorite B&B in Cape May is The Mission Inn (www.missioninn.net will give you virtual tours of e'thing). It's on NJ Ave, right behind the Grand Hotel, so it's one short block from the beach.

That's my top recommendation.

Enjoy!

Cape May, New Jersey
reviews: 3
2. Re: Lodging recommendations

Good Morning,

I agree with Shamroc, The Mission Inn is one block back from the beach on New Jersey Av. It is lovely, casual elegance, kind of California looking. The have jacuzzis, fireplaces, wireless internet. Their website is www.missioninn.net. Their Innkeeper was voted best innkeeper 2006, best overall B&b in 2005.

Check them out, I think you will really like it. Don't wait too long, summer reservations fill up fast and people book early.

Enjoy your day

3. Re: Lodging recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape May