We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
reviews: 8
Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

Hi I'm looking for a place to stay in the village. I'd like to be able to park and walk around the town. Does anyone have some names of places for me to check out?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
reviews: 23
1. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

Pls give us some indication as to what inexpensive meams to you.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 121
2. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

There are lots of motels/hotels in the North Conway area and most of them are listed on Trip Advisor and detail their location and website information, where you can check out the rate that is most satisfactory to you. As dav4844 indicated...what does inexpensive mean to you? If you are coming on a weekend, rates are higher.

We love the Golden Gables, but some may think the rates are too high. The Schoolhouse Motel and the Colonial Inn come to mind for you to check out. Can't vouch for either one of them. Google the name of their website and you can do your decision making then.

Quebec, Canada
reviews: 8
3. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

By inexpensive, I was hoping for under $135/night. And thanks for the tips, I was hoping for something walking distance to the all the restaurants and shops on the main street.

Nova Scotia
4. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

The closest lodging to the shops and restaurants in the village of North Conway itself would be the Eastern Slope Inn which has a variety of room types. Other motels not mentioned on the main route are the Briarcliff motel and Junge's motel.

Arnprior, Canada
5. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

We booked 3 nights at the Schoolhouse Motel. Under $100/night. We'll be able to let you know in a day or so. Checking in Monday afternoon...apparently this is fairly central. We like to walk, so we're not far from Outlets as well as the village proper.

Edited: 7:55 am, July 21, 2013
Arnprior, Canada
6. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

We booked 3 nights at the Schoolhouse Motel. Under $100/night. We'll be able to let you know in a day or so. Checking in Monday afternoon...

Nova Scotia
7. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

We stayed at the Schoolhouse a few years ago. It was very basic, but clean, as I recall. It is fairly central, although you may have a bit of a walk to Settlers Green, where all the outlets are. The Schoolhouse is located between the village and the outlets. The village is very walkable though, just spread out more than you think. Have a great trip. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from too! Some are open for breakfast and lunch only, and some open at 4 or so for dinner. There are the regular chairs like McDonalds, etc and great independent restaurants as well, including Chinese,Thai, Indian, steak houses, and seafood places. A popular place for coffee is the Frontside Grind on main Street, located in the village. Not well advertised, but one of our favorites, is the Ledgeview restaurant located at the Country Club. It is located next to the fire dept and Conway Scenic Railway. Basic but well cooked items and good prices with a million dollar view of the golf course, and the ledges in the distance. We were there last week and enjoyed it.

Have fun!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
reviews: 112
8. Re: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway

Everyone's personal definition of "walkable" distance is different -- but just for perspective.... from Settler's Green Outlet stores to the heart of downtown North Conway Village is about two and a quarter to two and one half miles.... may not be a long ways for a hike or power-walk, but can seem a lot longer than that if you're carrying bags of stuff you've bought....

Reply to: Inexpensive hotel / motel in North Conway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Conway