We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weston, Florida
reviews: 5
Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Can anyone suggest any pet friendly restaurants in North Conway? We have a big dog and are looking for somewhere with outdoor seating that would allow dogs. Also, any pet friendly activity suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

16 replies to this topic
Boston
reviews: 48
1. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

I love animals but I seriously believe that its very rude of people to bring a pet to a restaurant.

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
2. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

I'd contact the local visitor's bureau. Restaurants are permitted to allow pets at outside dining areas, but I think that anything nicer than a McDonald's is not going to allow dogs. Really, who wants to eat next to someone's smelly creature? I think I'd change the baby's diaper on the table to help distract myself from the dog.

Activities? Dogs like hikes -- bring poo bags. Fido may not leave his presents in our forests. ;]

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
reviews: 113
3. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Have vacationed and visited the North Conway area for many years -- can't remember ever seeing dogs (other than official "service dogs") inside any of the local restaurants. We don't generally frequent "outside dining" places, so can't speak for them.... but, in general, dogs in restaurants in North Conway would definitely be unusual.

Dogs are allowed in the White Mountains National Forest, but must be under voice command on leashed. And, yes, you are expected to clean up after them....

Providence
4. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Many of the restaurants in North Conway, Conway and Jackson allow dogs in the outdoor seating areas. We ate lunch at the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant with our 2 large (non-smelly) dogs. The area is very pet friendly. They offer water for your pet and one place even brought out some grilled chicken for them. Four Paws Only is a great pet store, great toys and homemade treats, def a place worth checking out!! Lots of hiking trails all along the Kancamagus Hwy and Rt. 302 (between Attitash and Bretton Woods). No restrictions, just make sure the trail is appropriate for your pup, some can be very rocky and a lil more strenuous for the pups.

Not sure why the people above are so against eating in the company of dogs. Typically, if a pet owner chooses to dine with their pet, it is because their pet is a family member and treated as such (well-mannered, bathed frequently, etc). Furthermore...I'd rather sit next to beloved family dog then someone's screaming, throwing food, dirty diaper wearing-child, any day of the week!!

5. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Black cap grille next to EMS is dog friendly (nice patio) as are many of the stores there- Clark's, Orvis... We took our dog on the Conway train - very dog friendly as well

Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

I am very surprised about many people's attitude towards dogs. Living in Europe we were used to taking our dogs everywhere - inside or outside of the restaurants, downtown, faires, parks, shops, hotels, beaches... And believe me, any dog on any given day there was so much better behaved than screaming, needy children... Only when moving to the US were we hit with all these dog laws and rules where you are barely allowed to take your dog outside of your own yard, and if you dare, you receive evil stares. I wish people would just lighten up here!

I hope your family (2 and 4 legged) had great fun and you enjoyed yourselves!

Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
reviews: 23
7. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Oh come now! People walk there dogs all over the place here w/o evil stares.

Nova Scotia
reviews: 131
8. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

I seem to remember seeing a sticker on doors of establishments that permit dogs in North Conway and it seemed like there were quite a few of them,. We were there this summer for the week and there were lots of people there with dogs including shopping in stores, etc. The area struck me as very dog friendly.

Canada
reviews: 7
9. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Ate at Black Cap Grille patio recently with our two large dogs. (No neither of them I would classify as a "smelly creature", but I have been forced to eat beside numerous smokers who I would classify as "smelly creatures") Food at Black Cap was good, service was great and very friendly. We will be back again.

Manchester, New...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Pet friendly restaurants and activities

Thank you, indeed. My dog is less smelly and better behaved than most kids I put up with at restaurants all over the country.

Edited: 11:31 pm, June 28, 2014
Reply to: Pet friendly restaurants and activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted