We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ned sullivan rentals

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
ned sullivan rentals

The last posts were from 2008 so we figured maybe his business style changed.....that couldn't be further from the truth. Ned really needs a refresher course in business tactics. His home was "pretty" but far from luxury! There were dings and dangs in the walls as well as holes from the door hitting the wall,the bunkbeds were dangerous one ladder was completely detached with no way to reattach the other bunk had broken steps neither one considered safe by any means. The walkway was extremely slippery with no shovel in sight to clear the snow he did a poor job of salting and sanding the walkway making it extremely nerve wracking since I am seven months pregnant and we had a lot of young kids with us. He has yet to return our security deposit after well over a month has lapsed it took forever to recieve our key so we had no idea if we Definately had the rental. We called to discuss where the key was and he was very unorganized he asked me questions he should have known. Getting off the phone with him I felt completely blown off. My husband then called a week later and he acted as if that was the first call regarding the situation and still never rushed a key out. We got the key the am we were leaving. There were so many other issues that happend I basically left the gist. If you can my advise would be to stay far away from his rentals there are so many nicer and cheaper places!

Fort Lauderdale
1. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Wow, thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I just emailed him requesting availability dates. You are correct about his pricing - expensive compared to others but was thinking it would be worth it from the pictures. Thank you for preventing me from making a mistake.

Haverhill...
2. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Hi,

Can you let me know where the nicer and cheaper places are. I did enjoy my stay there, but would like some advice on nicer places....especially if cheaper. Thank you,

Waterbury, Vermont
reviews: 1
3. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Just thought I'd add a recent review for anyone researching these rentals. We just finished a week at 80 Locust Lane. There were 8 adults and 4 kids ages 5 and under. Four families in all.

Pros:

- The location worked well for us as we wanted to visit Storyland but also be near downtown. We were able to walk to anywhere downtown, and we were very close to outlet shopping.

- The house was spacious. With four families staying together we never felt like we were in each others' way. There were ample tv's and bathrooms.

- The shared pool that I was wary of turned out to be great. It was clean, and never too busy for us to enjoy. At times we had it all to ourselves. It was a hot week so we thoroughly took advantage of it. The hot tub was also great in the evenings. Very clean, but somehow kept heating up to random high temps even though we set it at 100. That was only an issue on a couple of nights.

Cons:

- The entire rental process was pretty shady. There was no contract, so sending a few thousand dollars up front made me nervous. I did ask for an e-mail response to let me know my money was received to which I got no reply. However within a week I did get my key and directions to the location (though the directions were if you were coming from the South, which we weren't).

- There were no instructions/welcome packet upon our arrival, so it took us days to find the extra keys left on a mantle. We didn't know what to do with the trash or if there was recycling. We didn't know that we needed to supply most all the day-to-day items you'd think might have been included in the rental (dish soap, paper towels, toilet paper). When we left we had to leave the door unlocked because there was no way to leave the key behind otherwise. It just seemed wrong to do that, but I wasn't going to take the key home with me. I suppose I could have called Ned but I honestly preferred not to deal with him after the reviews I read on Trip Advisor.

- The place is deceptively cheap. Not too surprising really for a vacation rental that is going to have random occupants for short periods of time who obviously won't care about keeping it as nice as they would their own home. I suppose if it had quality stuff that people might just walk away with it. It still would have been nice if standard maintenance was kept up though. There were lots of cracks and dings in walls that easily could have been spackled and painted over to keep the place looking new. The couch cushions were torn and stuffing was spilling out. The bed sheets felt ragged. The key pad on the microwave had pulled away from the appliance. The grill looked like it had never been cleaned. There was a HUGE flat screen tv, but it was a projection screen so the picture was pixelated. We would have preferred a much smaller tv with a good quality hi def picture. Several pots and pans were in a condition where I would have thrown them away. There were only three wine glasses.

- The back bedroom smelled extremely musty. The rest were fine. The beds were super marshmallow soft, but that's not always a good thing. Not complaining, my back was fine, but just an FYI.

- The largest bed (King) was on the top floor, which is just a loft. So anyone sleeping up there would be woken up by the kids at 6 am. Again, just an FYI. We made it work.

- The game room was a complete bust. It was a converted garage, so it had quite the echo. The pool table was so warped/tilted that you couldn't play on it. Well I guess you could, but the balls just rolled to one side. The shuffle board table didn't have any sand. The foosball table was the only usable game, but luckily we had good weather and were outside the entire trip.

Overall we had a great family vacation. The space of the rental kept us all happy even if we had some complaints about the general quality of things. Because we spent a lot of time away from the house we didn't dwell on the small stuff. If we had been renting in the winter and spent more time at the property I think we wouldn't have been as happy.

Hope this review helps someone in their decision-making.

reviews: 1
4. Re: ned sullivan rentals

I have stayed at Ned Sullivan's rentals 4 times now with both my family and my friends. Each time has been wonderful! We have enjoyed the heated swimming pool, the hot tubs, the 1st class amenities , as well as the wonderfully convenient location as it is so close to both town, shopping, and the ski resorts! I highly recommend Ned, and his team as they always go the extra mile for you!! Sincerely, Mark Galos

Boston
reviews: 66
5. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Again with Ned Sullivan. LOL

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
reviews: 131
6. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Diceman -- Must be springtime in North Conway.... another new crop..... Can't decide whether to laugh, cry or scream... !! Guess it just re-emphasizes the importance of checking numerous reviews from reliable reviewers before accepting anything at face value.

Conway, New...
7. Re: ned sullivan rentals

We stayed here as well and it was perfect. Our keys and directions were mailed to us 4 weeks before we arrived. Never had a bad experience renting from Ned . Home was comfortable, clean and great location. I would defiantly recommend people to ignore this review. You will love it there. Thanks kathy

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
8. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Kathleen, welcome to the forum (first post!). So, you live in Center Conway and vacation in North Conway? Haa haa haa....

Now, since you had keys a month before arrival, did you sneak in and drink the current guest's beer? (I would have!)

Okay, I don't believe you are legit -- and I don't think anyone should have keys a month in advance.

LMM

Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
reviews: 23
9. Re: ned sullivan rentals

Not another one!

Jackson, New...
reviews: 98
10. Re: ned sullivan rentals

WOW hundreds of negative posts over the years and two positive posts both with one post each... I think there are TROLLS in North Conway. Ned, if you want good reviews clean your houses and treat you guest fair.

Get answers to your questions about North Conway