We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic Railroad and Cog railway

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 4
Scenic Railroad and Cog railway

Has anyone been on either of these scenic railroad tours? What did you think of them? Please let me know.

Thanks.

boston, MA
1. Re: Scenic Railroad and Cog railway

Darlene,

The Cog Railway starts at Marshfield station and climbs to the top of Mt. Washington. It is a great trip, but very very expensive. I believe a family of 4 would be close to if not more than $200.00. They do have a website. I love Mt. Washington so I would consider it a must do if money is not an object. Go to Mt. Washington Cog Railway for more information.

There is a scenic railway through Crawford notch, which is a very pretty autumn ride. This begins in North Conway and goes through Crawford Notch to Fabyan and back. It is a five hour ride. There is some beautiful mountain scenery. For me the ride was about an hour too long, don't get me wrong its a great experience but the last hour I was pretty anxious to get back.

The Vally Railway is also a very nice ride and also very pretty in the fall. Go to Conway scenic railway for information on both.

If you have young children I would suggest either the Cog Railway and/or the North Conway Valley train.

Have a great time!

Boston
reviews: 2
2. Re: Scenic Railroad and Cog railway

My wife and I had lunch on the valley train a few years back in the autumn. It was nice, and not too long. 5 hours would be waay too much for my liking, even with the beautiful scenery thru Crawford Notch. I'd like to try the Bartlett train sometime...

scituate, ma
reviews: 1
3. Re: Scenic Railroad and Cog railway

The Mt. Washington Cog Railway is an experience! I believe the price is close to $50.00 per person (Adult) but it's something everyone should do at least once. On a clear day the views are awesome, but even in bad weather - it's still great. Check the weather forecasts, try for a clear day (remember you heading up to cloud level) . The ride itself is worth the price of admission, great history and lore. The crew on the trains are fabulous, very informative & friendly.

Get answers to your questions about North Conway