We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

Hi,

We are having a rare long weekend away from the kids and are looking for the perfect spot to stay at while we cross country ski. I am hoping to find an inn right on the trails where we can ski out the door. I would like it to also have a pub or restaurant with good food/drinks and a nice lounge/lobby where we can relax by the fire after skiing. I am also hoping to find a place that is not too 'shabby', however 'rustic' is OK. All ideas are welcome- even if the perfect place is in a different area. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
1. Re: Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

There are cross country trails all around Jackson, but I don't ski that way so can't comment on the ski in/out stuff. There are just a few inns right in the town. Check them out, I don't think any would disappoint.

I think most would put the Mt Wash Hotel at the top of the perfect list for what you are looking for and the prices would seem to back that up.

Edited: 3:37 pm, January 24, 2013
Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
reviews: 23
2. Re: Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

You said it was a "rare" get away w/e so I would make the most of it-

omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/BrettonWoodsMountW…

If you want to stay in Jackson check out The Snowflake Inn or Whitney's.

reviews: 14
3. Re: Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

Check out the Wentworth Inn. The four course dinner there is fabulous. I am pretty sure you can cross country ski from the inn, but you may need to drive a few minutes for downhill skiing. We have stayed at this place many times and enjoy the suites in the outbuildings with a jacuzzi. If you want a more reasonably priced room, you can stay at the main inn.

4. Re: Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, February 26, 2013

Nova Scotia
reviews: 139
5. Re: Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area

JasBG

It is against TA policy to advertise or self promote your business. Your posting will be removed as it is contrary to their guidelines.

Reply to: Looking for the perfect inn in the Jackson area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jackson