We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Ideas???

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
reviews: 2
Any Ideas???

Looking for a quaint, clean place to stay in or near Jackson. Would love a place that you could enjoy the grounds, i.e. lakes, canoeing, reading by a relaxing area.

Thank you in advance!

13 replies to this topic
Jackson, New...
reviews: 65
11. Re: Any Ideas???

At first I thought why is this old thread back up? But OK here you go...

Jackson is one of the best destinations in NE. It is beautiful, charming and adictive. You might not need 3 nights there but you will love it! Spend two in Jackson and one in Portland.

I would head East from Jackson to Portland ME (1.5 hr.) Grab a Lobster Roll in the "Old Port" (I like Demillos) take a ride on the Casco Bay Ferry to Peaks Island and then head home. It will be a trip to remember.

London
reviews: 66
12. Re: Any Ideas???

Dear Snorkl3guy

Thanks so much for your input. Sorry about the "old thread" but we are quite new to forums, never asked a question before, and simply tagged on to something else re the region! We are glad for the confirmation of Jackson - when you are trying to fit New England into a 3 week road trip, you want to try and do it right but of course something is always going to get missed.

Thanks anyway and Merry Xmas from across the Pond.

Patch007

Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
reviews: 23
13. Re: Any Ideas???

I agree with nes that it will be a much more enjoyable experience spending less time driving and more time exploring various areas throughout New England. I would not miss the lake area even if it meant one less day/night in the Jackson area. Spend some time driving around Lake Winnipesaukee exploring some of its' quaint towns and villages. You'll be surprised what you may find.

Reply to: Any Ideas???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted