We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage status 9/23/11

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 15
Foliage status 9/23/11

Hello,

What is the foliage status in your area?

Thank you for your help.

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
1. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

green

Hollis, New...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

Reds have rather suddenly started to emerge in some numbers in the southernmost part of the Merrimack Valley in New Hampshire. I haven't been up north in a couple of weeks, but I'm sure things are somewhat more advanced there. All is normal--expect the biggest part of the show to occur during the first two weeks of October.

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
3. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

wpsaukee, really, it has been rather green up here.

Hollis, New...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

I don't doubt it--it's rather green here too, but some scattered trees (and in wetland areas near my house, whole sections) have turned red.

Bristol, New...
5. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

I saw a bit of color in the higher elevations of the Kancamagus last Sunday; but those high elevation areas do tend to reach peak a lot earlier than most places. Today was the first day that I really noticed the leaves starting to turn here in the Lakes Region, but only just.

Antrim, New...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

In southwest Monadnock region, I've just begun to some dramatic reds. Like wpsaukee says, they are in the wetlands areas. Otherwise the area is still green.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
7. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

My spotters tell me that there is color at higher elevations and in the northern Notches. About normal for this week. It will get better and more colorful over the next couple of weeks.

Peterborough, NH
reviews: 4
8. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

Perhaps the Monadnock region is ahead of the Whites? I would say the colors are just starting here but I took this shot last week on the Dublin/Marlborough border (NextStopIs, is this what you are seeing):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Cape Town
reviews: 53
9. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

I'm in Jackson at the moment and there is definitely some colour about - I'd say 50% green, 30% yellow and the other 20% mixed orange and red. We drove Route 2 from Maine and there is a bit of colour along the entire route, but definitely more once you reach the White mountains.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 42
10. Re: Foliage status 9/23/11

We are at Loon Mountain. Hillsides have some mixed colors, since I don't know what good here is can't say how good, but for us going yo have to do. We are not disappointed. Some areas the leaves are blowing off.