We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Foliage, where can I go?

Which Concord hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 3
Fall Foliage, where can I go?

Hello everyone,

A group of us are going to be in boston from October 13th to October 20th and would love to see some nice fall foliage. We are looking for somewhere close to boston, I would say within a couple hours drive of boston, if that's possible. Any suggestions on where to go? Thanks so much.

Antrim, New...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Fall Foliage, where can I go?

I would take a drive toward Keene on Oct. 16. I am sure the fall colors will be in force then. Come up to Nashua, head west on Rte 101A (very business strippy) to 101 West. From Milford west, you will go through some beautiful areas, many small quintessential New England towns, over Temple Mountain, around Dublin Lake with a view of Mt. Monadnock. Side jaunts to Jaffrey, south on 202 and then west on 124 to Marlboro. North on 202 to Antrim, west on 31 from center of town to Rte 9 west, then east on 123 into Hancock. Beautiful loops. Eventually make your way to Keene.

The reason I am suggesting the 16 (though you can do the drive any of the days you are there) is that the 16th is the Keene Pumpkin Festival, where you can expect to see nearly 30,000 lit jack-o-lanterns lining Main Street, around Central Square, on 3 and 4 story scaffoldings. It is a great festival, and Keene has variously, and may again, hold the Guinness record for the most lit jack-o-lanterns in one place. Festival starts in the afternoon, but the lighting is at night, the count announced at 9PM followed by fireworks. A great event.

Hollis, New...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Fall Foliage, where can I go?

All good stuff from NextStopIs. I'd just add that while you're in the Monadnock Region, you should check out Harrisville and Walpole.

Antrim, New...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Fall Foliage, where can I go?

Yes, indeed. And while in Walpole, check out Burdick Chocolates. http://www.burdickchocolate.com/

There are also a slew of other excellent chocolateurs along these routes. There is even a chocolate tour. Maybe someone knows the link for info. But I think you could google "chocolate tour nh".

4. Re: Fall Foliage, where can I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2011