We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake Tahoe

Which Stateline hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 1
lake Tahoe

Hi,

We are travelling out to USA in Dec this year and would like to know which are the best ski areas, best accommodation and when the season usually commences? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jenny

17 replies to this topic
Australia
11. Re: lake Tahoe

Hi Suzie...thanks for your reply. Yes, I have read that it is a bit of hit and miss with snow there at that time of year but we are headed that way on our way to Colorado and would love to see Tahoe as it looks great. We were only going to ski a couple of days there and have already told ourselves that if the skiing isn't happening then we'll just check the place out (give the kids a rest!) on our way to Utah and Colorado. Thanks for your feedback. We love travelling the USA.....you guys have some great stuff to see and do. We come from OZ....have you been out to Australia?

California
reviews: 12
12. Re: lake Tahoe

Not been to Oz, sorry. Flights are hella long. Don't know how you all do it.

You should stay at Squaw or Northstar, both would be good with your kids.

Australia
13. Re: lake Tahoe

Oh well maybe I have stuffed up because I booked Heavenly....only because the views of the lake from the top of the mtn looked awesome plus we got some cheap accomm where we can just walk to the lift. I did look at Squaw and it looked great too. Heavenly does seem expensive to ski.

The flight is 13 hrs but our kids love flying. They get fed have movies galore at their fuinger tips and have always been LOG sleepers once they do go to sleep so they r great travellers. We have some yankee friends (that is a term of endearment by the way) in Nebraska and Colorado so we have had a few trips out your way now. It's so cheap in USA...OZ is expensive....our Govt is trully ripping us Aussies off! Haaa! GAS here is $1.47 - $1.53 per litre...just to put that in comparison....your gas is equivelant to about 65 AUS cents /litre. Thanks for your feedback. :))

California
reviews: 12
14. Re: lake Tahoe

You will enjoy Heavenly. Lots to do in South Lake Tahoe including a movie theater and ice rink. Hope we get some great snow for your visit!

Australia
15. Re: lake Tahoe

Thanks. If you ever come out this way send me an email and I'll be sure to give you lots of tips on where to go!

Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 16
16. Re: lake Tahoe

If you stay in South Lake Tahoe I would recommend The Marriott Timber Lodge (a Marriott Timeshare Hotel) that has studio, one, two and three bedroom units. Also next door is the Embassy Suites which are basically one bedroom units with either 1 or 2 beds in the bedroom and then a sofa sleeper out in the living area. The location of both is great.

Have a wonderful trip!

Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 16
17. Re: lake Tahoe

Forgot to mention that the gondola to Heavenly comes right beside the Marriott Timber Lodge. All you do is walk outside the hotel and you are there:)

Reply to: lake Tahoe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted