We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter driving conditons to Genoa, Nv

Which Stateline hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 31
Winter driving conditons to Genoa, Nv

Planning a trip up to the Lake next week and want to go out to Genoa and check out the "oldest bar in Nevada"...anyone know how the roads are out to Genoa, this time of year. Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Winter driving conditons to Genoa, Nv

This is not a long drive. You will drive up the Kingsbury Grade- #207 drop down to the Carson Valley turn left at the stop sign to Genoa. If it is snowing they can require chains on Hwy 207, but they do a good job of keeping the road clear. Hard to know at this point about potential snow and chain requirements. Generally the roads are good, but it is a curvy road down the hill.

San Francisco...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Winter driving conditons to Genoa, Nv

Thank you so much, very helpful info..I thought it was much longer drive. At any rate is it worth the drive ? Thanks aging.

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Winter driving conditons to Genoa, Nv

I can't tell you if it is worth the drive...... I am not a bar person, so it is of no interest to me. I have been by the place a few times. The drive should take less than 30 minutes unless you have weather issues.

Reply to: Winter driving conditons to Genoa, Nv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted