We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

Which Laughlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 14
Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

I am planning a day trip to Laughlin from Las Vegas in November. We are due to have 6 hours free time in Laughlin and I am keen on the gold mine tour (45 minuted) and stage coach ride (1 hour) from Gold Road Mine. I do not drive. Is it easy to get there from Laughlin and would there be enough time for the return trip and the tours? Would I need to take a taxi and what would be the cost? All information gratefully received. Many thanks.

Laughlin, Nevada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

It's impractical (and maybe impossible) to do both during a six hour layover without a car. Oatman is just too far from Laughlin for it to be feasible.

Mission, BC
2. Re: Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

Hi greenwichsteve, Have a look at coloradorivertour.com. It was a few years ago but I enjoyed the tour of their mine that I took. the mine has a great history.

I drove there but you should be able to book this out of vegas.

Their location is just south of the Hoover dam.

Hope you enjoy your trip and Good Luck.

Cardiff, South Wales
reviews: 36
3. Re: Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

If you are having a day trip to Laughlin then I would just try and enjoy your time there. It would really be a push getting to Oatman, (plus the considerable expense of a taxi) doing both of these activities and making sure you are getting back in time for your coach back to Vegas. Or like Richard said if you don't want to go to Laughlin then maybe see if you can book this trip straight from Vegas. Enjoy the trip!

london
reviews: 14
4. Re: Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

Thanks very much for your responses. Guess I'll try to fit in an overnight stay!

Laughlin, Nevada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

You asked about the cost of a taxi to Oatman, and didn't get an answer. I don't know from personal experience, but I'm guessing about $50 to $70 one way. Definitely not cheap. I don't know whether there are taxis just sitting around in Oatman waiting for a fare, but I doubt it. So, you would probably have to call half an hour or so before you're ready to leave Oatman and wait for one to come and get you.

It's considerably cheaper (and more convenient) to rent a car for a day, but if you don't drive then that isn't an option. The local area isn't like London where public transportation is readily available and not particularly expensive.

6. Re: Gold Road Mine tour and stagecoach ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Laughlin
Recent Conversations