We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 146
Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Which of these three venues might be the best to hold a small champagne reception after a wedding?

Which is better when no-one else (or very few other people) are there? Which are only good when they are full and pumping?

I want classy but not stuffy. Funky (cool) but not kitsch.

Please don't consider logistics in your answers as I hope (perhaps arrogantly) to be able to work around any issues.

Thank you.

New London...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

I've heard good things about both voodoo and foundation room. The foundation room use to be exclusive. If you want mid thirty-forty something crowd than foundation room is your place. voodoo lounge a little younger and a less classy place, but still nice. I like both but a hard decision.

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Foundation room has multiple rooms you can book. With that being said, I would choose Foundation Room.

If not booking a room, I would choose Mix. VooDoo lounge would be my last choice.

London, United...
3. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Thank you, both. Itsnotyou, why does your answer swing to Mix if not booking a room? Imagine Foundation Room didn't have rooms; which would you pick? And what about VooDoo makes it your least favourite?

Nassau, New...
4. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Maybe you've already gone?

I was at VooDoo earlier this year, and it had a great view but otherwise kind of a rundown feeling & look - one that probably goes better with their signature "Witchdoctor" drink (which we shared, $36!) than with champagne. So I'd say it could probably be described as funky, but not classy.

This was outside only, however, didn't pay much attention to the inside, just went for sunset...

Edited: 1:50 pm, September 07, 2013
London, United...
5. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Thank you for your input. We haven't been so it's definitely still helpful.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

The Foundation room is really dark, due to the lighting and decor. The video should give you a good idea of the interior.

Here is a video: www.youtube.com/watch…

I was at VooDoo earlier this year, and it had a great view but otherwise kind of a rundown feeling & look - sailexuma

The best thing about VooDoo Lounge is the Patio area, which is some what dated. For me it would depend on the time of year/weather to even be considered.

MiX is a bit smaller, but a really nice venue with a great view.

Here are some mixed pictures of Voodoo, MiX and Foundation Room.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mix+lounge+las+vegas&client=firefox-a&hs=jI4&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IHMrUvxC4oiKAsXAgNAL&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=790#facrc=0%3Bmix%20lounge%20las%20vegas%20bathroom&imgdii=_&imgrc=_

Edited: 2:50 pm, September 07, 2013
Los Altos...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

I have been to Mix and Voodoo but not Foundation Room. Voodoo is funky, fun, memorable. Mix is elegant and understated. Both have fabulous view. Mix has lovely appetizers. I did not eat at Voodoo.

It really depends on what type of atmosphere you are aiming for. Youthful party atmosphere- go with voodoo. Elegant classy- go with mix. The champagne will go with either... Please let us know which you go for and how the party turns out!

London, United...
8. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

Thank you, both.

You ask if I'm looking for youthful and a party atmosphere or elegant and classy and the answer really lies a little bit between the two. Which is frustrating for you and me, both!

I would probably end up being slightly less disappointed with too young and funky than too elegant and classy. But I definitely want a mix. Maybe that means I should choose a Mix!

9. Re: Champagne reception... VooDoo, Mix or Foundation Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 09, 2014