We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I really have a great time in Las Vegas. However, I think cruises are better than Las Vegas. What are your thoughts?

Santa Cruz Mtns
11. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

We do both once a year. 10-15 days cruising any time between Jan-March and Las Vegas after Labor Day from 3-5 days. Leaving for Las Vegas in 2 weeks for 5 nights and sailing in Jan for 10 days. Best of both worlds. Remember life is short.

As for seasickness, Bonine works wonders.

London, Canada
reviews: 106
12. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I've tried cruises twice and have decided that unless I want to spend the money on one of the premium lines with smaller, super-deluxe ships, they're just not for me. I did like the sense of occasion at departure, and having a verandah from which to gaze out at the ocean, but I hated the crowds on deck during sea days, and the meals, entertainment and drinks were mediocre.

Edited: 11:34 pm, August 24, 2013
Minneapolis...
13. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Ktinca, never thought anyone would come up with something so original and clever. Comes with age I bet.

Minneapolis...
14. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Ktinca, never thought anyone would come up with something so original and clever. Comes with age I bet.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 15
15. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Cruises are for old people and whimps

Florida
reviews: 6
16. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I look at cruise boats all day long. Coming in and going out. Unless it's a cruise touring the inland water ways of Europe. Vegas is still the bomb for me. I love to gamble and the cruises just don't cut the cake. I also like the feeling of earth under my feet, even though I live on a sand trap. On a serious side. It really depends on where you live and the weather you live in. Can certainly understand someone in Canada in the middle of winter longing for a Caribbean break of sun and blue waters. Cruises can be a bargain but Vegas does deliver the bang for the buck.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 17
17. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Hi

I've never seen a whale in Vegas, but I have seen loads from a cruise ship.lol

We live in Southampton ( UK). Many cruise ships depart from here. 45 minutes from front door to cabin is very nice compared to 16 hours travelling to Vegas.

Enjoy both types of holiday.

Sandra b

London, United...
reviews: 11
18. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

When we came back from Vegas we could have done with a cruise to recover !!

Enjoyed both in the past, a cruise is far more relaxing but would pick Vegas every time.

Visalia, California
reviews: 5
19. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I have had more fun on cruises. But my main complaint is the lack of choice.

Both have benefits.

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 11
20. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Doing both next year. A 2 week cruise round the Med on The Independance of the seas, then 2 weeks in Vegas.

Both are fantastic holidays. Cruising has become so popular now that it's no longer just for the 'newly wed & nearly dead'