We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Hello Las Vegas forum members,

A friend and I will be traveling to Las Vegas in a week and he wants to go to a nice, exclusive nightclub. I am not a nightclub person myself and I have never gone to any nightclubs when in Vegas.

I have checked prices online and I read that cover charges are about $30 and beer prices are about $8.

The problem is, both of us are traveling with a tight budget (he wants to spend about $500 in the whole 4-day trip, including meals and shows). I was wondering if you could help me estimate how much would we realistically spend in a night at XS, TAO or LAVO. This is my fourth time in Las Vegas and I know that prices advertised online and offline are not very accurate and let's say $64 (the price of the cover and 2 or 3 beers) seems really cheap for a nightclub in Vegas.

Also, the "upscale trendy" and "dress to impress" dress code written on websites worries me. While we plan to wear collared shirts and shoes, our clothes don't come from a designer or are/look very expensive. I have seen people going to the club in Vegas and I know they put some effort and money into their outfits, specially women.

Thanks for your answers, any comment will be greatly appreciated it.

Wheat Ridge...
reviews: 4
1. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Check out the pictures on jackcolton.com and you'll have a better idea if you fit in. A collared shirt, dress pants and dress shoes should get you in. Low-end jeans and sneakers won't.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 15
2. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

First of all, as long as you are wearing a collared shirt and slacks you will be fine. If you want to wear jeans make sure they are nice, no holes. You don't have to wear designer clothes,just dress nice.

The biggest cost in clubs will depend on the DJ'S. check presale prices online and buy that if you can. If the club gets crowded they will raise prices.

Drink prices will be 8-10 for a beer and 12-14 for a mixed drink. More for premium liquor.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 15
3. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Also, 4 days in Vegas for $500 including food, shows and clubs is going to be hard.

Los Angeles...
4. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Beers will be more than $8 at those clubs. I don't know the exact prices, as it's been close to a year since I've been to Vegas, but you ought to expect cover + 2-3 beers to be closer to $100+ apiece. If you're looking to get wild, I'd recommend pregaming the clubs to avoid getting killed by their prices.

As for clothing, if you're wearing button-ups and good shoes and all, they're not going to turn you away. Just as long as you know (like you said) that some people will spend big money on their going-out attire.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
reviews: 3
5. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Also, your experience can change vastly depending on what time you actually go to the club. If you're not getting a table and bottle service (which based on your budget, you can't afford), then you can spend anywhere from 15 minutes to 2+ hours in line to get in. It just depends on the night.

Mexico City, Mexico
6. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Thank so much for your quick replies. I know $500 for a 4-day trip is going to be hard, specially if he plans to do expensive stuff. I am aware of that but he isn't. We will probably end up eating and going to shows in the downtown area.

OKC
7. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

If I had only 500.00 for 4 days which is nuts by the way lol. Go to the rock house at the venetian. You can do an all day all night open bar for $50.00. You can come and go as you please. At night it turns into a nightclub and day lots of people playing beer pong. If $50 is too much? Forget nightclubs.

San Diego
reviews: 5
8. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

I spend that much drinking beer in my room and with the bums downtown near the trash can in front of the abc store.

Your friend is living in a dream world .

Its called champagne tastes and a beer budget.

You can do it if you plan on nursing a beer every hour but to think you are going to be partying like lindsey lohan is just not realistic.

OKC
9. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

Its a Milwaukee beer budget. A Budweiser budget is $200.00 per day.

10. Re: How much would I really spend in a night out in Las Vegas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 26, 2014