We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
reviews: 21
Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

My hubby and I are planning on going back to LV in December during the rodeo finals. We have been planning on going to LV in December for years, both for the rodeo and to see the Christmas decorations. I believe a few of the hotels have their pools open all year. Any hints with the rodeo.....as far as ticket prices, where is the better area to be sitting in the arena etc. Thanks in advance!!

14 replies to this topic
San Diego...
1. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

You can find prices online. Are all of the nights sold out? I dont feel like looking into it but if there are tickets available for face value through UNLV tickets then go to the site and see what they cost. A very reliable resale site is Stubhub, you can go to that site and see what the prices are, know that you will pay more than face value, which if its sold out will be your only option.

Oregon
2. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

The rodeo is sold out. You can buy tickets online, there is a official NFR ticket resale site on line but you will find the tickets to be very marked up in price. There are lots of other "brokers" selling ticket online also. Again at very marked up prices. You will pay a minimum of double face value. We have season tickets, but if we have the need for additional tickets we wait til we get down there and go to the Cowboy Christmas gift show, go to the ticket exchange booth out in the lobby and buy tickets there. We have never had a problem getting tickets, they tack on a small service fee along with the face value price. We have not tried to buy weekend nite tickets these will probably be much harder to get in this manner. If they don't have tickets when you stop by keep checking back. Last year we ended up with some extra tickets at the last minute and were going to turn them in to the exchange, people approached us before we could get in line and wanted to buy whatever we had.

We prefer to sit on the sides of the arena, not the ends. We have sat in many locations over the years and feel this is where you get the best viewing of all the events.

Its a great time to be in Las Vegas, my favorite!!!

Ft Myers, FL
reviews: 13
3. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

I've been 3 years now but have never actually attended the rodeo. Might just do it this year.

Eau Claire...
4. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

Thank you all! Sundowner, going to the ticket exchange booth while we are there to get tickets may be the best option for us, as we won't know until probably a month before whether we are going. Thanks so much to you all!!

Littleton, Colorado
5. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

Tickets are not as hard to get as they used to be. As said here earlier, don't buy online and also don't buy from the many scalpers you will find trolling the 3 major gift shows. The "official" ticket exchange is at the Las Vegas Convention Center Cowboy Christmas. This is where season ticket holders such as myself can sell their tickets back to be sold to others looking for tickets. The Sands Convention Center Country Christmas also allows peole to sell their tickets for face value only in the back at the information booth.

As a season ticket holder we have tickets for all 10 performances and rarely do we go more than 4 nights, so we always have tickets to sell back.

Edited: 9:35 am, August 26, 2013
Lanarkshire
reviews: 84
6. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

My first rodeo experience was around 4 years ago and having failed to buy tickets online, i went to the Convention Centre Cowboy Christmas and basically asked all the stall holders that we were looking at. Eventually i got 2 tickets and although they were fairly near the back, at the opposite end of where the riders came out, our view was perfectly good enough to thoroughly enjoy our first experience.

We even went to the Mirage the following night to watch the next nights action. :-)

Eau Claire...
7. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

Great advice everyone. Now I'm getting excited!! :)

Eau Claire...
8. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

Yay!! Just booked our trip to LV for the rodeo. Now all we have to do is get the rodeo tickets! I looked on the UNLV site and they have MAD DASH available......I don't think so! Fingers crossed we can get some at the Cowboy Christmas show! It looks like at the multiple night packages, you aren't able to get adjacent seats????????? I think I'd rather get them right from the Xmas show to be sure we sit together.

Edited: 3:30 pm, September 09, 2013
Merced, California
9. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

i have been probably 10 plus times to the NFR. I have never done the ticket exchange. If you go there to the exchange are you guaranteed to get a ticket. I would probably get the cheapest seat. I just am worried that I will try to go to the exchange and there will be no tickets available. So are the exchange tickets usually cheaper than online tickets?

Maple Valley...
10. Re: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??

Are tickets already sold out for 2014 NFR? The online prices are 3 times face value. I thought I paid those outrageous prices for 2013 because I got them so late. It's early and the prices on line are still crazy.

Is there somewhere I can get the tickets now for face value?

Reply to: Rodeo finals in December..anyone have tips for tickets etc??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted