We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
reviews: 1
Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

Planning a trip to Vegas in September for our 1st wedding anniversary. I've been to Vegas about 5 years ago but it is hubby's first trip. Last time I stayed at MGM Grand but planning on centre strip this time round so thinking a Palace Tower room at Caesars. We're not huge gamblers & we are unlikely to be back in Vegas any time soon so is True Rewards any use to us? I've tried navigating the website but wasn't able to find a list of anywhere you get discounts for. Or whether any points we earned would be of any use or if you need like 10,000 to just get a free pen.

Any thoughts or advice on maximising points to any advantage would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for help on this & any other questions I will probably end up posting here. :)

Austin, Texas
1. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

Yes here is what you do sign up for the TR visa card--you get two 24 hour buffet of buffets and platinum status.You can use the TR here to use the TR checkin line, they waive early check in fees and you can get a room usually by noon.Also you get 15% discount as a platinum here.If you do both sign up for the visa and the tr card it is very helpful.Also you get room discounts and mailers.All in all a deal.

Wellington, New...
2. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

Thanks Barry but we live in New Zealand so I don't think we can get the visa card. Do you get the other TR things without the visa?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

I don't know what your eating habits are, but the TR card gets you some discounts on buffets and restaurants at the various TR properties.

Cheektowaga
4. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

You'll save $1 by using your TR card,the benfits mentioned above you earn by gambling (a lot).It's free to get and only takes a few minutes so why not?

London, Canada
reviews: 7
5. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

It was worth it for me just for the discounts and free rooms I am offered. I don't gamble very much either but they are generous with room offers for future dates. As mentioned, you can get a slight discount on purchases made at restaurants and shops at the Caesars properties. Takes little time to sign up and get the card. Even if your not coming back anytime soon, still makes for a memento from your trip. Why not sign up if its convenient :)

reviews: 4
6. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

100% worth it. Your TR card can be used for various things outside of gambling which can help you gain points. I have a TR card and I am a low roller but have received numerous offers including free room comps, free buffet passes and significant room discounts. You do not need a big bank roll for them to give you freebies.

reviews: 4
7. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

Since you haven't booked yet, you can apply online for the TR card and then book your room with your new card and start earning pts right away. That's unless you are looking at a deal from a 3rd party.

Wellington, New...
8. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I have signed up so will explore the website further & see if they send me any room offers in the next few days as I want to book our hotel room soon. So can't wait for September & our trip!

Portland
reviews: 15
9. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

If you already have your card number, you need to start using this website.

http://socialrewards.com/

You simply click on links and post TR "ads" to your Facebook page. I don't gamble at any of the HET resorts, but have earned close to $100 in comps over the past eight months just by clicking. For every 1000 points you earn, you get 1000 TR points = $10. I don't think they are as liberal with points as they were in the beginning, but free is free.

10. Re: Is Total Rewards worth signing up for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 07, 2014