We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Fees...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 2
Resort Fees...

Hi,

I am looking to book some accommodation in April for a few nights and need help with Resort Fees.

Are these fees compulsory to pay or only if you use the Health Club, Pool etc?

Reason i ask is that when trying to book Planet Hollywood via Expedia.com, the price quoted was far more then on Planet Hollywoods website... Expedia made mention that the price does not include resort fees whereas the PH website didnt mention resort fees at all (not that i could see).

Can someone give me a quick explanation on them?

Thank you,

Ryan

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 4
1. Re: Resort Fees...

Resort Fees are mandatory, and should be considered when making your hotel decision.

On the bright side Planet Hollywood does not charge a resort fee, which is why it isn't mentioned on their site.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Resort Fees...

Yes the fees are compulsory at the hotels that charge them, only a few rooms types at some properties with resort fees allow you not to pay them but they are not the cheap rooms

PH dont charge resort fees, the thing on expedia is probably just a generic sentence to cover their backs

birm
3. Re: Resort Fees...

The PH does website mention the resort fee (RF).

With few exceptions, if a property charges a RF you pay it. One of those exceptions might be a package deal for non-US visitors, SOMETIMES it is included in the package - you MUST READ the terms & conditions (T&C).

Some people object to the RF "on principle", others have a "do the math" approach and determine the total price for the property and make an informed decision.

It's usually "a wash". Properties who do not charge a RF might be the same total price for comparable amenities. $100 as room only or $75 for room and $25 for RF is the same.

Compare the TOTAL price and what you are receiving for that price.

Edited: 11:22 pm, January 07, 2013
birm
4. Re: Resort Fees...

edited and it didn't edit! Too quick on the button, bad fingers today. The PH does NOT mention a RF since there is none. Odd that expedia is more?

Before you book a property come back here and ask about it, compare your options, tell us what you wish as far as amenities.

Sydney
reviews: 26
5. Re: Resort Fees...

Just remember , expedia includes any taxes , on planet Hollywood site , until you click book it won't show the taxes.

There are cheaper sites ( besides ph) I've used http://www.hotelscombined.com.au/ . It will compare all sorts of company websites in one

John

Edited: 11:59 pm, January 07, 2013
Leeds, United...
6. Re: Resort Fees...

I have an offer from TI at the moment which has an "optional" resort fee. Never seen this before. Would be great if this catches on. Good value if you use the amenities and you can custard pie it if you don't.

Park Forest...
reviews: 73
7. Re: Resort Fees...

Any fees at PH are optional service charges, ie you pay for the gym if you use it. Expedia doesn't always have the best price and even if it appears to, there are some hotel brands that have a best price guarantee. CET is one of those brands so if Expedia does prove cheaper, PH may be able to match their rate.

As for TI, if you are staying on an offer coming out of their players' club, they tend to do fee optional deals. There have also been deals sent out internationally that have been without the fee. But if you use one the the fee amenities, they will sock you with the resort fee.

Ottawa, Canada
8. Re: Resort Fees...

As leo21 indicates properties without resort fees do have pay for use fees.

For instance, I am not 100% certain of current rates, but I believe PH is charging @ 15$ per day for internet access in the room

You need to educate yourself on what options you may or may not want then do a comparison. Comparing No Resort fee and Resort fee rates is a waste of time if you would be using any of the "extras"

England
reviews: 3
9. Re: Resort Fees...

Hi lookingat going away mid april with hubby. Looking at hotels is a minefield - can I ask wot made you choose TI? We've been to Vegas a coupleof times now and always stayed off Strip but want somewhere more central this time?

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 45
10. Re: Resort Fees...

Looks like expedia is starting to comply with the FTC mandate about "include everything in your offer price", much like airline pricing, etc. Ruling on this came down months ago, unsure of the compliance date.

Pretty good link here about what is in various resort fees:

http://www.resortfees.com/las-vegas/