We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last meal at The Range

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh
reviews: 27
Last meal at The Range

With "The Range" closing in Harrah's next month, last week I went for my last meal. Had the bone in ribeye steak with onion soup. The food was great! However I was disappointed in the lack of service. There were only 2 waiters for the entire floor and the house was full.

I asked the waiter why he had so many tables? He apologized and stated several employees had already left for other positions due to the upcoming closing. I asked was he going to stay on and work for Ruth Chris and he stated "no that they (Ruth Chris) only wants to hire young people so they can bring in a young crowd and I will have to find another job." The waiter was clearly upset.

Even though the service was slow, the food and atmosphere was great. Just seems odd to me...don't we all grow older and visit Harrah's?

Boston...
reviews: 18
1. Re: Last meal at The Range

"no that they (Ruth Chris) only wants to hire young people so they can bring in a young crowd and I will have to find another job."

I don't buy it for a minute. I believe you were told that, but I don't believe that's the case. Ruth's Chris has never sought out "young people" for their wait staff. Like most prime steakhouses, they tend to prefer the opposite. Older, more experienced waitstaff are always valuable.

More likely, the waiter at The Range wasn't up to Ruth's Chris overall standards and now he or she is just unhappy.

Wyoming
reviews: 1
2. Re: Last meal at The Range

Whatever the case, I am so sad that the Range is going away. We have had many many memorable experiecnes there.

Kansas
3. Re: Last meal at The Range

Looking forward to visiting The Range on my upcoming visit in a couple of weeks. Kinda sad, it was the first upscale place that I ever dined in Vegas several years ago. Hoping my last memory of the place will be a good one.

I went to the Ruth Chris steakhouse in the New Orleans-Harrahs......along with my DH & his brother and it was awful!!! Not one of us liked our food, ordered a side salad, got a wedge of lettuce with a 1/2 tsp of dressing on it. DH's brother wanted rice instead of a potato, sorry, no substituions, couldn't even pay extra for it. Steaks were ok, but nothing even close to what I've had at the Range before. Service was so bad in NO, that even if the LV one gets roaring reviews, I won't be spending my $$ there. One really bad experience for me was enough. No second chances when you spend that kind of money.

canada
4. Re: Last meal at The Range

I agree, when I found out a while ago that the last meal I enjoyed at the Range in July was in fact going to be the last one, I was sad.

The food was excellent as usual, while I often order the ribeye this last time I had the Wagyu Bistro Filet, delicious! They also had a summer tapas menu for the lounge but did let me order a couple of appetizers from that as well for our table. As for service, it was excellent with the manager even stopping at our table after dinner to chat. Sorry to hear that staff is leaving already.

Wyoming
5. Re: Last meal at The Range

Does anyone know the closing date? I googled and searched around but didn't come up with anything. Honsetly this is the first I heard. Have been away from Vegas and this site for awhile but have a newly booked trip coming for Thanksgiving. In fact we had Thanksgiving dinner there on our trip 4 years ago. (It was also my 50th birthday). The entire staff helped make our night really special. Now I am really sad.

Indiana
6. Re: Last meal at The Range

I think I read Nov. 15th is the closing day so you will miss it.

Wyoming
7. Re: Last meal at The Range

Well then it just hit me that I have no idea where I will eat dinner on Thanksgiving. I really liked the menu at the Range. While I do a search, does anyone have any suggestions?

Westampton, New...
reviews: 17
8. Re: Last meal at The Range

wow, hadn't heard it was closing. We'll be sure to hit it on our visit in 2 weeks

Boston
reviews: 54
9. Re: Last meal at The Range

Im surprised the Range lasted this long, for years I have stated that the Range was no match for the real steakhouses of LV.

St Louis, Missouri
reviews: 26
10. Re: Last meal at The Range

The Range will be missed. Wish I had known it was closing before my last visit. For anyone going out to Vegas in the next month you should go by for a farewell meal! Great place!