We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 45
What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

I have been looking for things to do on NYE and some of the events say "hosted bar" - what is this?!?

Also, tables have a "two bottle minimum" - how much is a bottle going to be at NY?!

Thanks!

Irvine, California
1. Re: What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

A hosted bar means that drinks are free, or at least they're included in the cover charge. Whether or not this means all drinks or just certain ones depends upon the event, how much you've paid or how important you are.

Bottles are usually $350-500 depending on just what you order. They could well be more on NYE but somebody who knows more about this than me will hopefully give good advice.

Berkeley, California
reviews: 2
2. Re: What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

"Bottle Service" could easily be translated as "Table Service" because that is what you are really paying for, a place to sit down when others have to stand. At NYE, everything will be at a premium, especially space and I would guess that normal $350-$500/bottle will run you upwards of $750.

UK
3. Re: What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

Hmmm.. perhaps we will just stand in that case! I am usually with a group of girls and people give us everything for free but sadly on this occassion I will be with 4 boys! :-P Lol

UK
4. Re: What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

Thanks for the advice! x

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 6
5. Re: What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

To paraphrase what Blagger said, "hosted bar" means "open bar, " the host is the one footing the bar tab.

The opposite is a "no-host bar", where you pay for your own drinks.

6. Re: What is a hosted bar?!... (NYE)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, May 25, 2010