We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place To Stay

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poughkeepsie, New...
Best Place To Stay

I'm planning a trip to Vegas at the end of September for me and what may end up being 15 to 20 people, and I'm looking to get the best deal I can. Basically I want to stay at the best hotel possible for the money I'm spending. Can anyone suggest what are the best places to stay. For a group that size, 2 people to a room, would love a sweet deal on a suite somewhere. I've looked at some stuff on Travelocity and am leaning towards Signature @ MGM or The Bellagio. Any advice would be great.

Boston
reviews: 45
1. Re: Best Place To Stay

You have to tell WHAT your willing to pay per night or your going to get suggestions putting you into dumps because some think they are good value for the dollar.

Best deal can mean staying in a rat hole because the best deal to some is based on price.

New York
reviews: 29
2. Re: Best Place To Stay

What is the age range of your group? What are your dates? Does it include a weekend? What is a $150 room during the week can be $500 on Friday or Saturday.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 3
3. Re: Best Place To Stay

"Can anyone suggest what are the best places to stay." This is an incredibly difficult and subjective choice.

For instance in the last year I've stayed at: Wynn $109 pn, Skylofts $550pn, Orleans $35pn, Gold Coast $39pn (renovated room), South Coast $49pn, and Four Seasons $149 pn. You will note a wide variety in rates, but IMO they were all good values. If anything the worse rate was probably Orleans.

Personally I think Bellagio is one of the most overpriced hotels in Las Vegas, and I've only stayed there once. Of course the fact that the best offer I've ever gotten from them was $99 pn has something to do with it, lol.

I haven't stayed at Signature, so I can't place a real value there.

My advice: find the hotel that you feel based on ameneties and factors you consider important will provide you the best experience for this trip, and then look for the best price. Even if you slightly overpay, mhaving the kind of trip you want is more important than saving a few dollars.

Foz do Iguacu, PR
reviews: 33
4. Re: Best Place To Stay

Very large group. The Signature rooms are more apartment type and would have more room. Even smaller suites will only go 3 to 4 and they many charge for any over 3. I have only stayed at MGM larger suites (2 bead room) and will fit 6 sleeping on couch and all. The bathroom will be a issue for anywhere for that many.

Are you a member of HET rewards? They have not upgraded some of the properties so not the best but we have received adjoining rooms (3) and at very low price.

Sign up for the program ASAP or join email promo mailing and see what you can get. You get a better deal direct in my opinion and if there is a mix up the hotels take care of them since you booked direct. I have found the hotels call the onsite booking sites discounters and you have to call them if there are issues.

Poughkeepsie, New...
5. Re: Best Place To Stay

First I want to thank everyone for their replies. The people in my group are all in their mid early to mid 20's except for me, I'm the oldest and I'm 29. Definitely want to stay on the strip, if I find a great deal off the strip I'm open minded to that. Looking to spend about $600 including room & airfare. We're going from September 24th - 28th. Would like to stay at something 3.5 stars and up. LOL definitely don't want to stay in a rat trap regardless of how great the deal is. Thanks again for all of your input.

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 22
6. Re: Best Place To Stay

MGM Grand or Planet Hollywood would be my suggestions for that age group. No idea on airfare from NY so not sure if they fit into your price range. You might look @ smartervegas.com for some deals on accomadations.

Boston
reviews: 45
7. Re: Best Place To Stay

Definitely want to stay on the strip, if I find a great deal off the strip I'm open minded to that. Looking to spend about $600 including room & airfare. We're going from September 24th - 28th. Would like to stay at something 3.5 stars and up. LOL definitely don't want to stay in a rat trap regardless of how great the deal is. Thanks again for all of your input.

So your staying 4 nights and that includes a weekend, the weekends are usually twice the price on up for rooms in LV. Im going to to guess that airfare from NY is in the $250 to $300 area roundtrip. That would mean you have about $300 left for rooms.

This means you have to find a hotel that will average out at about $70 per night and hope no conventions or anything else big is going on in the city.

It will be very hard to do unless you change your plans to weekdays from Sunday - Thursday.

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 22
8. Re: Best Place To Stay

Dice, more than 1 per room tho. Should be able to get a good room for 140-150 per night average.

9. Re: Best Place To Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 14, 2009