We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a Visa at all?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Do I need a Visa at all?

I'm heading off to NYC next week for five days before hitting Vegas for another three days.

Will I need a visa for my trip?

Thanks.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 17
1. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

you might be better off checking out this site, vs a traveller's opinions site --

travel.state.gov/visa/temp/temp_1305.html

Temporary Visitors to the U.S.

Most Canadian citizens and many citizens from Visa Waiver Program countries can come to the U.S. without a visa if they meet certain requirements. Visa waiver travelers from ALL 27 Visa Waiver Program countries must present a machine-readable passport at the U.S. port of entry to enter the U.S. without a visa, otherwise a U.S. visa is required. See important information about the 10/26/05 digital photograph and 10/26/06 e-passport requirements for VWP travelers. Other foreign citizens will need a nonimmigrant visa.

Sarnia, Ontario
reviews: 5
2. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

I don't think that you need a Visa coming from the United Kingdom but I do think that a MasterCard would help. LOL

Jackson, MS
3. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

Ba Da Dump Bump.

Great Dunmow...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

Mum you will only need a Visa if your staying over six months 90 days.So stop your panic

London, United...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

The UK is part of the Visa waiver program, no Visa required, you will get a green form that you will need to fill out either on the plane or you can get one in the Arrivals Hall before going through Immigration in the US.

Leigh, United...
reviews: 14
6. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

You do not need visa as previous message stated as we are part of the visa waiver programme however from Feb 09 it will be compulsory to apply online before you board any vessel to the USA or you will not be allowed entry into the USA you can do this if you wish now and is valid for 2 years but is only voluntary at the moment until Feb 09. I did this for our trip in Aug dead easy unless you have been a bad person lol.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
reviews: 15
7. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

daveggod,

Is there any benifits to fill out the online form before Feb '09?

I'm under the impression that one still need to fill out the green I-?94? paper form before entering US anyway, the only reason to fill out the onlineform before Feb '09 is if one would not have to fill in the paper one, and was assigned a fast-track through imigrations as a incentive, that would have been sweet!

Irvine, California
8. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

A little late to be worrying about this now!

Assuming you're a UK citizen who meets the necessary criteria then you shouldn't require a visa but, as has been said, this is really too important an issue to asking about on forums like this. The US Embassy in London should be your point of reference.

usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp.html

Leigh, United...
reviews: 14
9. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

no real benefit to fill out really now but once done valid for 2 years but as suggested always check with embassy for offical rule.

10. Re: Do I need a Visa at all?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 09, 2009