We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor or Excalibur

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Luxor or Excalibur

Still in a quandary where to stay between these 2 hotels.

I would imagine the rooms at the Luxor would be slightly better, but which hotel would be better for 2 boys 11 and 9 for pool/activities etc.

Appreciate you views !

North East, England
reviews: 8
1. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

must admit, i dunno about the boys but i have to say the luxor is head and shoulders above the Excalibur. like miles! i always end up on a downer when i am in that place. thats why on my july trip i will not go there at all! i have seen posts on here describe it as being like circus circus. like i say dunno about kids stuff though, you could stay at the luxor and use the excalibur sometimes, but not the pool i dont think.

Derry, New Hampshire
reviews: 4
2. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

Since your children are not little (by that I mean under the age of 6), I would suggest you stay at the Luxor. I think the theme is appropriate for their ages and all of you would be comfortable there. While I have never stayed there, I have been in the hotel and it seems like there's a lot of stuff to do. I would like to stay there when I go next year!

Australia
3. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

Yeah Kev, I lean towards the Luxor too. Hopefully there will be stuff to do for all of us.

Like I've said before, coming about 20,000 kilometres from Perth, perhaps the furtherest major city on the globe away from Las Vegas, I'm sure we'll look forward to the added comfort.

Really cannot comprehend in what we are in for, coming to this joint (Las Vegas) but we sure are looking forward to it !!!

North East, England
reviews: 8
4. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

when you going suit?

Mass
5. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

I vote for Luxor as well. I will be staying there in November. Be sure to tell us all about your trip when you get back.

milwaukee
reviews: 57
6. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

just got back from the excalibur on wednesday. I would say both are equally interesting for children but it all depends on your children. We went with a 2 and 6 year old. Both enjoyed the medieval theme and loved the fantasy faire (arcade). We also went over to the luxor for awhile. The inside of the luxor in my opinon is one of the best in vegas. I do remember seeing an arcade, king tuts tomb exhibit and other things of interest. If you haven't booked yet just ask your kids what they think. If you decide on the Luxor you can easily visit the excalibur. Oh yeah, like someone else stated before you will not be the only one with children in vegas. You'll have a great time.

Australia
7. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

Kev, we are going from 20-23SEP and then spending the mandatory week at Disneyland.

I'll definitely report back in, on our return.

Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 55
8. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

Luxor has many attractions for kids: an IMAX, the Tut museum, an arcade and simulator. Excalibur also has a simulator and an arcade. The two are connected by a walkway and a small monorail, so you could easily stay at one and visit the other. Rooms at Luxor are nicer and the pool is a bit nicer also, so that would be my choice.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

The Luxor would probably be more relaxing. Don't forget you need some 'quality time' to yourself as well. As has been mentioned the Excalibur is not far away for a change of scenery.

Steve

Los Angeles
reviews: 10
10. Re: Luxor or Excalibur

A whole week at Disneyland??? I hope you plan on doing other SoCal things to keep you occupied.