We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol on an airplane.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
home
alcohol on an airplane.

does anyone know the policy for taking alcohol on a plane?

we are planning a trip to vegas and would like to a special wine, to have in our room.

Park Forest...
reviews: 76
1. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

Contact the airline ahead of time. I know you can bring it but I think they will limit how many bottles you can bring.

Little Rock
reviews: 1
2. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

Not sure, but I do not think so. Could easily be used as a weapon.

Florida
reviews: 39
3. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

Here is a good link I found regarding that subject. I think it's ok, as long as the bottle is sealed and well protected. Safest bet would be to contact the airline though.

www.wineintro.com/wineries/airplane.html

Denver
4. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

One thing I know is it's a federal offense to bring little bottles on the plane to pour in your own drinks (to avoid the $5 per bottle they charge in the air). Obviously you can be sneaky about it, and I think it would be a very rare flight attendant who would actually press the issue if they found out, but it is illegal.

boston
5. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

I always bring nips or a bottle..

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 9
6. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

Why not skip the security hassle, and just buy the wine once on the ground? Assuming it's not a local-vintage, of course.

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 7
7. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

i'd like to know how special . . . if you mean Petrus or Opus One or something of that ilk, then flying with it may not be a wise choice. i do believe vegas has a few wine stores . . . .

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 22
8. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

Right on Jaco...if they are talking a really decent bottle, neither the shaking about nor the air pressure will the wine any good.

I would think it would be better to buy a bottle when you arrived.

Chicago
reviews: 5
9. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

I've flown with wine when returing from northern California and it wasn't a problem at all. I'd purchased special boxes for shipping wine and brought it in the cabin as a carry-on. It was a couple of years ago, but since 9-11, so I doubt anything has changed.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Omaha
reviews: 139
10. Re: alcohol on an airplane.

I had 3 different trips this year where I had at least 6 of those small 'emergency' bottles in my carry on - nothing ever said.

Packed a few half pints in my luggage also, I would rather pay $5 here than $10 there.

If you dont ask , they wont say no. Get a coke and take a drink and then make yourself a jack and coke with your little bottle when the flight attendant is away.