We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do at Tahoe in April

Columbia, SC
reviews: 27
What to do at Tahoe in April

I will be attending a conference in Reno the first of April and will have one day to sightsee. Would like to see Tahoe, any suggestions on what to do, where to go, etc. with only one day?

Thanks!

Kansas
1. Re: What to do at Tahoe in April

You didnt say what day in April so some of the things going on in April includeJammin' 12, Big Air Contest at Krikwood go to www.kirkwood.com or SpringFest at Northstar, www.northstarattahoe.com or Spring Jam at Squaw Valley www.squaw.com Pond Skimming at Heavenly www.skiheavenly.com also there you will see Glen Plake's Gunvarrel 50.. Tahoes Big Blue Adventure Race in Tahoe City... hope some of this helps

Columbia, SC
reviews: 27
2. Re: What to do at Tahoe in April

Thanks, the day I will have there is April 4th, a Tuesday. Not sure if any of these things would be going on on a weekday, will check. If we just drove to Tahoe and rode around, would that be worth it and where best to go, just to sightsee, etc?

Bay Area, California
3. Re: What to do at Tahoe in April

If you have never been to Tahoe, then it would most definitely be worth it to make the drive even if all you do is drive around the lake. It is a beautiful alpine lake and the road that circles the lake has some great viewing points. It will take you about an hour to get to the Lake from Reno. Driving around it will take at least 90 minutes not including stops.

If you don't want to go all the way around, then I'd take 395 from Reno to Carson City and then to South Lake and go as far as Emerald Bay

If you have time, ride the Heavenly gondola at South Lake. Great views. Other vista points...Emerald Bay and Zephyr Cove. Zephyr Cove has some big paddlewheelers that you may be interested in and take about 2 hours.

Check the weather before you go to the Lake. It can and does snow in early April.

I'd do it. Lake Tahoe is much more scenic than Reno.