We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how safe

Which Lincoln hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
reviews: 32
how safe

We are staying for the night in Lincoln, Nebraska at the New Victorian Inn Suites. It has excellent reviews on trip advisor and will be perfect for the night. I have heard that there is a lot of crime in Lincoln, Nebraska. How is this area or do you recommend another area or hotel? It is a stop over on our way to Denver.

D.C. area
reviews: 24
1. Re: how safe

Are you serious? You're from NYC and you're asking if Lincoln is safe!?

Lincoln is very safe. However, 48th and O isn't exactly the prettiest part of town. It's very busy-O is the main strip. And Lincoln is definitely a driving city. If I were just driving through, I'd get a hotel on I-80. Maybe the Hampton Inn or Staybridge Suites.

If I wanted to see a bit of Lincoln and walk around a bit, however, Embassy Suites downtown is in a pretty nice area, the Haymarket, with cute shops and places to eat.

Edited: 12:53 pm, February 16, 2010
Atlantic City, New...
2. Re: how safe

I've heard various things about Lincoln, so I just wanted to make sure that we were in a safe area. I did wind up booking the Hampton Inn on I-80. I am from New York, but not the city. Thanks for the info.

D.C. area
reviews: 24
3. Re: how safe

Well, enjoy. If you're looking for good pizza delivery while there, I'd go with Valentino's. And if you see a Runza fast food restraurant while you're in the Nebraska area, they have very good food.

those are two places I miss from the area.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
reviews: 13
4. Re: how safe

You would have been fine at the New Victorian Suites. No matter where you stay in any city or town you just want to be careful. There are two groceries stores in that area if you need someting for snacks or your travels. A new Runza is across the street. Also, there are other restaurants near it.

If you have time, you might want to take a tour of our state capital. There aren't many places in the city where you can't see the sower atop the tower. Museum of NE History at 15th and P St. is a very interesting place to visit. Also, Lincoln is home to the International Quilt Study Center and Museum which is housed in a brand new building at 1523 N. 33rd St. Less than 2 miles south of the New Victorian Suites at 4730 South St. is the National Museum of Roller Skating.

Welcome to Lincoln!

Atlantic City, New...
5. Re: how safe

Thanks for the info. I switched hotels because it was right on 80.

lincoln
reviews: 8
6. Re: how safe

Lincoln is really safe. Is there crime, yeah some not much. You can feel safe anywhere in Lincoln. The 48th and O street area is nothing special, and the hotel I have never heard or recommended anyone to stay there. Try staying downtown. There are some new hotels in South Lincoln that arent bad at all.

7. Re: how safe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 01, 2010