We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot springs

Which West Yellowstone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford PA
Hot springs

WE will be visiting the Yellowstone area this August , and I was wondering if there are any hot springs to dip in . My husband & I both have arthritis and after a few days of walking , a dip in a hot spring could really be helpful to us . Thanks

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 9
1. Re: Hot springs

Hmmm...Chico Hot Springs north of Gardiner comes to mind. I haven't been but reviews I've seen suggest it is a nice stop.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Hot springs

We stop at Chico pretty near every year to/from Seattle. Will again in September. Can't believe I have not written a review before. Definitely will after next visit so it is fresh. The main attraction is the hot spring pool. Odor free. One huge large warm pool (96° or so) and only merely large hot soaking pool 102-104°. Convenient serving window for tavern for refreshments on pool deck. Large changing rooms with showers.

Can't say enough good about the restaurant. By far the best anywhere near Yellowstone. Fresh ingredients from herb and veggie garden and greenhouse onsite and regional items. Very nice. A little pricey but not really bad either. Great service.

http://www.chicohotsprings.com/

Wide variety of rooms from quaint (small) old fashioned in the Main Lodge ($49-89) (some with shared bath down the hall) to multi-room chalets (up to $335). We always stay in the Fishrmans Lodge on the hill not fancy but mid-price at $115.

We're hot springs fanatics and this is right up there on our list (top so far is Ainsworth Hot Springs, BC). About 30 minutes north of YNP.

Forgot to add... hot springs at Bozeman (west of town) and I think there's one in Pony, MT but that's pretty far from Yellowstone.

Edited: 3:39 pm, May 21, 2010
Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
reviews: 26
3. Re: Hot springs

I'm pretty sure the hot springs outside of Pony are closed now - new private owner. There are the hot springs in Norris, but that's 25 miles west of Bozeman, so not too convenient to YNP either.

Kansas
4. Re: Hot springs

Sequim, would you happen to know how much a day pass to Chico would be? We are renting a townhome about 3 miles from there and wanted to maybe visit for dinner and a late swim.

USA
reviews: 23
5. Re: Hot springs

There aren't any hot springs close by to West Yellowstone. Both Chico and Norris hot springs are at least a hour drive or more -- the first northeast through the Park, the other northwest.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
6. Re: Hot springs

There is ONE place to swim in a hot pool right in the park, but you will have to do some sleuthing. I'm not posting where it is in a public forum!

Billings, Montana
reviews: 1
7. Re: Hot springs

kellygb76...I found this when I googled "day passes Chico Hot Springs" however, I don't know if it is current. There is a 1-800 number in Chico's website that you could call to verify the cost.

"Even if you’re not staying at the lodge, stop by Chico Hot Springs (406/333-4933, 8 a.m.–11 p.m., day pass $6.50 adults, $2 seniors, $4 children 6–12, under 6 free) for a swim. The pool is huge, and it’s always a great place to people-watch."

Deb

Edited: 11:40 pm, June 21, 2010
Saint Paul...
reviews: 43
8. Re: Hot springs

Thanks Deb the Chico site was not clear about that at all. Sorry Kelly I could not check sooner. Guests get in an hour earlier but usually not that busy in morning anyway. By far the easiest way in is via the Saloon or the Poolside Grill but not sure what time they open. Best bet before 10-11am would be the Saloon since the grill is not open for breakfast. From Front Desk the only way to pool area is via second floor of the main lodge and down a special stairway. We had to use that several morning when we could not get in the other ways.

Check out the breakfast buffet in the main dining room too. It's a pretty good value for all the items on it.

Tucson, Arizona
9. Re: Hot springs

AINWA, would you be willing to let me know through E-Mail where the swimming hot spring is? I am coming from Tucson, AZ and would like to experience Yellow Stone park to the fullest. If you would be willing my address is

osopolar0@yahoo.com

10. Re: Hot springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 25, 2010