We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near Missoula

Which Missoula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roanoke, Virginia
Lodging near Missoula

Hello! I am headed to the Missoula area for some flyfishing and two places I am looking at to stay have no reviews on any site I have searched! Has anyone ever heard of Elkhorn Guest Ranch in Clinton or Dunrovin Ranch in Lolo? we are looking for a place on a river or creek (they all look good in that area). We are traveling Aug 15 -20 in Missoula area and then on up to glacire. Thanks!

montana
reviews: 27
1. Re: Lodging near Missoula

Sorry, I have not stayed at either place so cannot help with specific reviews. However, you can call the owners and ask them to give you a couple of references from previous guests, and let them know that you have not been able to find any reviews of their ranches on the internet. It's entirely possible that these hosts have not yet embraced the power of internet marketing, and that their places are just great. It's also possible that you'll be getting yourself into the situation of a rancher who is trying to make ends meet by having overnight guests, yet they know nothing of the hospitality business. When you do get references, be aware that these will be people (possibly even friends of the owners) who will give positive reviews. You will need to ask specific questions about things most important to you in accommodations.

Good luck with it!

Saint Paul...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Lodging near Missoula

I typed both into Google and found reviews for Dunrovin, but not Elkhorn. I would try that. I lived in Lolo years ago, only a mile or so from Dunrovin although I have never been. Lolo is a pretty small community, but does have some restaurants (make sure to try Lolo Creek Steakhouse and Caffe Firenze in nearby Florence) grocer, taverns, etc...Enjoy my old stomping grounds. I sure miss it.

The advice from RiverDays is spot on.

Helena, Montana
reviews: 1
3. Re: Lodging near Missoula

The Ranch at Rock Creek. http://www.theranchatrockcreek.com/

You'll find that is a superior resort, fishing , all amenities..

If you like a little more high end? - this one is also near Missoula

http://www.pawsup.com/

Both of these resorts have full amenities,amazing fishing locales, providing everything you could possibly want in a fly fishing vacation .

I think you'll find reviews on these two resorts. Welcome to Montana and Enjoy!

Seattle...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Lodging near Missoula

I know this is late to meet your travel plans, but I JUST got back from a visit to Dunrovin Ranch and came here to try to write a very positive review.... I am in the process of requesting it be listed on TA for future reviewers and searchers. I think it is a great location, nice accommodations, and fun activities for the whole family - My young girls loved the ranch, the horses, the dogs, the river.... The owner/host Suzanne was very friendly and accommodating. Maybe I'll use some of these words in my coming review.

5. Re: Lodging near Missoula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, May 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Missoula