We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV rentals

Which Missoula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southington...
reviews: 2
RV rentals

We are doing a 2 week Glacier/Yellowstone RV trip. Specifically we are looking for some advice about RV rentals: who to rent from, how to get to RV rental site from Missoula airport and any other suggestions you fantastic travelers might have. Thanks for your help!!!!!

9 replies to this topic
Christchurch
reviews: 29
1. Re: RV rentals

Hi Mebby

RV rentals - Missoula - the only one I could find was cruise america. cruiseamerica.com/rv-rental-locations/…

But why from Missoula. We are doing something similar this summer and after a lot of research end up going from Belgrade/Bozeman. That area had more companies to choose from as well. Crusie America also has a franchise there but there is also C&T rv rentals http://ctrvrentals.com/ and blue skys rv rentals but I can't find the link to them at present.

As to getting to the RV rental place - some have shuttles (not many) but otherwise you just have to get a taxi/

Cheers

Kiwi

Raleigh, North...
2. Re: RV rentals

Please do not rent from Cruise America-EVER! Our vehicle was unsafe, toilet broke, tire shredded, no customer service-horrible experience

Virgin Islands
reviews: 1
3. Re: RV rentals

Have you considered flying to Calgary and renting there. They have a much better selection of rentals and I've found better prices. We are planning to do this next May. The airfare for us appears cheaper to Calgary than any place in Montana. It isn't that far to drive from Calgary to Glacier. If you are interested in taking a look in that direction, I'll come back and post links to camper companies and booking companies where I've found good deals. We rented in Calgary once before for a trip to the Rockies and rented from CanaDream. I have no complaints, but I'm finding a better rate elsewhere so probably won't go with them this time.

It also depends on how many people you have. We are only two people, and the campers at those places in Bozeman are much larger than we need. We rented once from Cruise America in Salt Lake City. The smallest they said they had then was 22 feet, but they gave us a 25-footer, which was very cold because it was hard to heat.

Mill Creek...
4. Re: RV rentals

I was Also thinking about doing this. Any tips on how it went or what happens going to Calgary. We would be going this July by private plane so any airport works. Crossing into Canada for an RV seems like trouble but if they are that much better I might do it.

Virgin Islands
5. Re: RV rentals

We're going in May so we haven't done it yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 3
6. Re: RV rentals

Did you ever have any luck on this? I am going to Missoula in August and looking for a rental RV aswell to pick up there.

Christchurch
reviews: 29
7. Re: RV rentals

Hi All - stay away from Cruise America in Bozeman - I have posted about his before on another thread. We hired a van way back in 2011 from them - its was dirty, we did not get the personal kits we paid for (they did refund us for the one they missed but that did not help us that night when we only had enough bedding for three). In addition the fridge played up the whole time we were away despite multiple phone calls for support/assistance, other things gave up or went off during the time and instead of being a great trip for our family it was stressful. We have RV'ed before in the US and had none of these problems and have used CA before. But they run franchise so this one in Bozeman SUCKED BIG TIME.

Go for a bigger franchise - you might get better serviced vehicles. Cross the boarders between US and Canada was no problem. Go from US to Canada they only real question we got was did we have fire arms - that one was easy. Also 6 degrees of separation occurred - the guy on the boarders dad was from NZ and turned out to be from CHCH! Going back from Canada to the US was a bit more troublesome but only slightly - I just had to declare food and some of what we had need to be dumped - think tomatoes was one item. Just make sure you don't have heaps of food items when crossing the boarders.

The trip itself was great ... the RV issues where not. Hire from somewhere you have a choice of companies and the chance of getting a more up to date and well serviced vehicle higher

Cheers

Kiwi

Virgin Islands
8. Re: RV rentals

We're back from our trip - renting in Calgary and crossing the border into the United States. We had no problems whatsoever. We crossed north of Eureka, Mt. and the guy at the border couldn't have been nicer. No questions about food at all. We crossed back between Glacier and Waterton parks. Same story there. No questions about food, just firewood, firearms and $10,000 or more in cash. No one asked for any papers for the van camper, just our passports.

As for the rental, we rented an older van conversion from Four Seasons, the budget rental arm of Fraser RV in Calgary. Everything was fine. The people were friendly, the van efficient and just what we expected and the transportation to and from the airport and hotel excellent. We'd rent from them again in a heartbeat.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 9
9. Re: RV rentals

Try C&T RV Rentals out of Bozeman. We had a great experience with them.

Reply to: RV rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted