We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

Which East Glacier Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blue Springs...
reviews: 19
Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

I have been reading posts and Kureiff looks like the BEST to answer mine - HOWEVER, anyone with knowledge and experience please respond.

I am perhaps DRIVING from KCMO to East Glacier Park for a wedding mid August. Do I need to stick to the Interstate Highways or can I leave I-94 and angle up to Great Falls and then from GF take Hwy 89 to Browning and down?

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST??

montana
reviews: 32
1. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

Judi, I do not know anything about I-94, but I do know that the 89 from Great Falls to Browning is all good highway and very beautiful. Generally, the 2 lane highways, secondary highways, are excellent here in Montana. Exceptions being when there is road construction, and with 6 months of winter each year, yes, there IS road construction in the non-winter months.

Any time you can travel a 2 lane highway you will see much more of the beauty of Montana, and you won't be slowed down much, in fact often the secondary highways are more direct, therefore much faster. They are just not all that crowded. The great state of Montana is 4th largest in the Union, yet does not contain a million residents. Just don't count on cell phone service to be everywhere, as it is not; and don't expect dinky towns on the map to be much more than a gas station, a bar, and a post office. Sometimes there's more, but travel prepared.

Enjoy the ride, and the wedding!

Blue Springs...
2. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

Thanks RiverDays that is just the info I was looking for. It looked like if I stuck with the interstates it would take MUCH longer to get there. Some states you never know about their secondary roads.

Unless someone else responds (to the condition of 89 from I-94), looks like taking 89 off I-94 would be a good alternative up to Great Falls, and then continue on 89 the reset of the way up!!

Sounds great!!

Very Much Appreciated!!

montana
reviews: 32
3. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

Have a wonderful time getting off the Interstate and seeing a bit more of Montana life along your journey.

Montana
reviews: 1
4. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

Follow Riverdays advice! You'll want to leave I-94 and start heading northwest toward Great Falls.

My husband's family is from KC! It's a long drive. Have a great trip!

nowhere
reviews: 10
5. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

The earlier advice is good; Montana by two-lane is definitely the way to go, but do watch out for open-range cattle and sheep in places.

Will you be taking I-90 across South Dakota? If so, let me recommend another short cut. You'll save a bunch of miles if you take US212 at Belle Fourche, SD, and angle up to Billings.

Blue Springs...
6. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

Thanks for everyone's help. Due to time constraints we have opted to fly into Great Falls and get a rental car.

Looking forward to the wedding, East Glacier Park and GNP.

7. Re: Question - Especially for Kureiff (due to your Location)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about East Glacier Park