We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kill time at BZN or sightsee in town, and which hotel ?

Which Bozeman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palatine, Illinois
reviews: 56
Kill time at BZN or sightsee in town, and which hotel ?

My husband and his skiing budies will spend a night in Bozeman before departing on flights the next day and I wondered if you could suggest a hotel that might offer proximity to nightlife (they should probably NOT drive) or the walking tour of downtown.

Additionally, some of them will have mid afternoon flights and I wondered if there are attractions in town that they might enjoy or if the airport is nice enough to spend six-eight hours in waiting for your flight? My husband spent several hours in Jackson Hole's airport without complaint, enjoying the mountain views and the book he brought along. (As opposed the the airport in Steamboat Springs, for example.)

Sorry for the ramble. Here are my questions in order of importance:

1) Could you kill 6-8 hours in the airport or should you stay at your hotel and try to sightsee?

2) Most of the guys have early AM flights and will drive their cars to the airport, but like to party the night before (after a full day of skiing). Where would you recommend they stay?

3) If the answer to #1 is to sightsee, then is there a compromise hotel that would suit the early departure guys and the ones who need something to do?

Big Sky, MT
reviews: 30
1. Re: Kill time at BZN or sightsee in town, and which hotel ?

The Bozeman airport has one restaurant/bar (The Overland). It does have big windows with nice views of the Bridgers. The food is o.k. There are a couple of couches in front of a fireplace as well.

The only part of Bozeman that lends itself to walking & bar hopping is "downtown" Main Street. The closest hotel is the BW City Center. I haven't stayed there for years, and when I did it was a little worn around the edges. However, I know that they have done a huge renovation over the past couple of years. It's probably a 15-minute drive to the airport. There are closer hotels, but unless they want to stick with the hotel restaurant, downtown is the only place to stumble around.

For nicer, more grown-up bars, try Boodle's or Plonk. For a little more local color, hit the Rockin' R.

If I had the morning to kill in Bozeman, I'd go ski Bridger Bowl. He could get back to the airport easily in 45 minutes, probably more like 30. Otherwise, the Museum of the Rockies is nice, or just the scenic driving is great.

2. Re: Kill time at BZN or sightsee in town, and which hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 19, 2009