We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 Little Big Horn Reenactment

Which Billings hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, TN
2013 Little Big Horn Reenactment

I was planning a trip for end of June for three weeks for me, my husband and my 10 year old nephew. Already have res in Yellowstone and Tetons for June 30- July 5. Saw the dates for this. Wondering if I should fly in early to go! Have not found a schedule of events on line yet but thinking about flying in onThursday, observing a battle on Friday then driving on to Buffalo or Gillette for the night.

Next day Devils Tower then working my way down to Black Hills area for 4 days.

Does anyone have information on the reenactment schedule and would they recommend it? Since no rooms are available in Hardin, is it a good idea to leave from Billings and check things out in Hardin and spend the night in Sheridan or Buffalo before heading on to Black Hills?

thanks!

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
1. Re: 2013 Little Big Horn Reenactment

If you're interested in the battlefield, that is certainly the time to go! My boys learned how to knap arrowheads, among other things, the year they went.

Staying in Billings and then Sheridan or Buffalo makes good sense. There is a hotel in the west end of Billings with a waterslide park, if you want to start out with some more traditional fun.

Don't overlook Thermopolis between the Black Hills and Cody. There are lots of funky/fun water parks there and it makes a nice break from a steady diet of scenery for your nephew.

Don't forget to pick up some all-ages audio books!

Edited: 11:44 am, March 15, 2013
reviews: 89
2. Re: 2013 Little Big Horn Reenactment

Check out www.littlebighornreemactment .com. It is June 21-23 this year. Great show and fun things to do in Hardin and the area during this time. http://www.littlebighornreenactment.com/. Weather is usually hot. Bring sunscreen and bug spray. You will be amazed truly with the show

3. Re: 2013 Little Big Horn Reenactment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, April 23, 2014