We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 8
Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

Any advice on suite hotels that have two bedroom, 2 bath suites? This is for three adults, but my mother is elderly and can't walk well and wants a bathroom of her own. I am considering the Staybridge at Westport or the Residence Inn Earth City. Reviews seem to be mixed about these two properties, plus neither has the arrangement we had elsewhere, with one bed in one bedroom and two in the other.

Any other ideas? I am from St. Louis but it's been a while and I have never stayed at any of the hotels there. This is for a small family get-together for four days and location not important, although I'd rather not be downtown due to parking.

Or if you were choosing between the Staybridge Westport and the Residence Inn Earth City, which one would you choose?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
reviews: 13
1. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

I would think the type of suite you're looking for would be real expensive. One thought I had, though I'm not sure how common this is anymore, would be connecting rooms.

I did a quick google search using "hotel, st. louis, connecting rooms" and came up with lots of responses, but not all useful. The Hilton Frontenac did include wording that they have connecting rooms. You could also call the Drury Hotels chain. They have a lot of hotels in the area, some pretty old, so may still have connecting rooms. They also have suites, though I think most are the one bedroom with living room / fold out couch. The Chase Park Plaza has a pretty mixed group of rooms; you could try them also.

You might also check the VRBO (vacation rentals by owner) site. There are properties in and around St. Louis, though few downtown. They will likely have a minimum night stay, but it doesn't hurt to check.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
reviews: 52
2. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

In the past I know the Courtyard hotels had some connecting rooms. There is one in Westport. The LaQuinta on Dorsett is an older building likely to have connecting rooms (very cheap, too).

No idea about the two places you mentioned. Sorry.

Good luck!

Chicago, IL
3. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

Thanks. We canceled with Staybridge because they do not have an elevator and could not guarantee a room on the first floor (my mother can't climb stairs). I didn't look into connecting rooms but what I found was that booking two rooms is a lot more expensive than one 2 bedroom suite.

I did look into VRBO but accessible vacation rentals are limited, and most of these were at least an hour outside the city. We are stuck with the Marriott Residence Inn at Earth City, for good or bad, but they do have elevators and guaranteed an accessible room. They are a bit further out than I would like, though.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
4. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

Good point about booking two rooms. Sorry we couldn't be of more help, but it's hard for locals to know a lot about hotels we never stay at! ;-)

I wonder if the convention and visitors commission might find a way to help. On this page, there is a link to disabled services:

explorestlouis.com/visitors/visitorServices.…

Good luck!!

Lake St. Louis, MO
reviews: 2
5. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

There are other Residence Inns in St. Louis. Are you tied to the Earth City location for some reason? Other sites may have the layout you are looking for.

Dallas, TX
reviews: 143
6. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

I was looking for the same thing and was told Westport was yucky by a friend who lives there. We ended up at Homewood Suites by Hilton @ Galleria. If you haven't left yet, my trip is this weekend and I can let you know what I think.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
7. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

Homewood Suites: Try to get a room on the mall side and not the highway side...

Let us know how your trip goes.

Chicago, IL
8. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

Thanks for everyone's help. Yes, I didn't see these later posts until after our trip. The Residence Inn Earth City was the only Residence Inn I could find for the dates I needed that had the two bedroom two bathroom option. I can't remember if the Homewood Suites at St. Louis Galleria was just booked then or I rejected it due to the 2 bodroom/2 bath option costing a hundred dollars more per night than at the Residence Inn.

We were satisfied with our stay at the Residence Inn Earth City although it was a bit inconvenient in terms of location. It is only 15 minutes from Westport though so we went to restaurants around there. My only complaint was that I was not told that the 2 bedroom/2 bath suites, even the accessible one we had, are all located on the outside corners of the building, therefore a very long walk from the elevator. My mother managed but only by stopping to rest many times. I did talk to a hotel rep by phone early on to make sure they had an elevator and to explain my mother coudn't walk very far, and I requested proximity to the elevator--had they told me that was going to be impossible I wouldn't have booked there.

Otherwise, the suite itself was fine, spacious enough and my mother appreciated having an accessible bathroom all to herself. I would have preferred having three beds but we used the sofa bed pullout and while it wasn't all that comfortable, it was okay for three nights.

9. Re: Hotels with 2 bedroom/2 bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis