We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in October

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Door County, WI
weekend in October

My boyfriend and I are taking a long weekend in St. Louis to see a Rams game on Oct 9th. We will be staying at the Omni Majestic from Fri until Mon. Any suggestions on what is an absolute must to see. I've been to the Arch and Anheuser brewery already, but we will be seeing those again because he's never been to St. Louis. We just want to see as much as possible in the time we're there. Thanks for any suggestions!

OTC Bar and Grill
reviews: 6
1. Re: weekend in October

Saint Louis has a top notch Zoo if that kind of thing interests you and I believe it is still free.

St. Louis,MO
reviews: 13
2. Re: weekend in October

October is a wonderful time here. Forrest Park has so much to offer the tourists as well as the locals. The Zoo is located in the park as well as the History and Art museums. All are well worth visiting. Washington Ave in downtown STL has many excellent restaurants and the night club scene is quite lively. It really depends on what your interests are. Have a great trip even if we cream the Packers ;)

reviews: 4
3. Re: weekend in October

October is a GREAT time to drive or hop the Amtrak for a day trip to Hermann! Small german town with wineries and lots to see and do. THat's the time of Oktoberfest! Blast. 45min -1 hour from downtown.

Saint Peters
reviews: 58
4. Re: weekend in October

Take in a Cardinals game. They'll still be playing.

Door County, WI
5. Re: weekend in October

Is the NASCAR speedpark worth going to for adults? Or is it more kid oriented? We had kind of planned on checking out the zoo already. This time I actually get to go up in the arch! Is there a best time for this? What time would sunset be? Also is the Loop a cool place to visit? I love going into shops but will my boyfriend be bored? Sorry about all these questions, just want to get the most out of our weekend!

Saint Peters
reviews: 58
6. Re: weekend in October

I believe the nascar speedpark at St. Louis Mills Mall is for both adults and kids. Sunset for October 9 is 6:31pm. That would probably be a good time to go up in the Arch, but don't wear your cheesehead. It probably won't fit into the little capsule like elevator that takes you to the top. Enjoy your visit!!!!!

Door County, WI
7. Re: weekend in October

Thanks for the tip! Don't worry, I wouldn't be caught dead owning a cheesehead! I am a huge Packer fan, but I draw the line at the headgear. My boyfriend is also a Rams fan, so that is why we're coming down for a game. He gets pretty torn when the Packers and Rams play each other.

How long does the trip to the top of the arch take? I saw on the internet that the last trip goes up at 5:20. Will I still see the sunset?

Williston, Ohio
reviews: 1
8. Re: weekend in October

It takes 4 minutes to ride to the top of the Arch--that's what they told me, I didn't time it. We could stay at the top as long as we wished. When you buy your ticket, you are given a time to ride--so I'd ask for the last ride if that is what you want.

reviews: 4
9. Re: weekend in October

Hubby won't be bored in the Loop Ann. On weekend evening: fabulous people watching, street performers. Young, hip area of town. Fun for maybe dinner and a few drinks. Or lunch and ducking into the shops.

MO
reviews: 3
10. Re: weekend in October

We don't dislike the packers as much as bears and vikings fans do. We have a great free zoo and 3 other good free museums science center, art museum, and history museum, yet some exhibits you have to pay to get in. The city museum costs several dollars and has climbing areas for kids and teenagers, aquarium, caves, circus, and more exhibits, but you have too pay alot like anoher several dollars for some of the things. You should visit the loop and the central west end which attracts many young people and singles. The hill has many good italian restaurants for lunch and dinner but many of them are closed on sunday and monday. You should also stop at Ted Drews Frozen custard which is a local and out-of-town guest favorite. St. Louis Mills is about 30 minutes away from downtown but is alot of fun and not far from the airport.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis