We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noah's Ark

Which Saint Charles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noah's Ark

Is Noah's Ark still in business? Can you just stop and eat there?

St. Louis, Mo.
1. Re: Noah's Ark

No, sorry to say.

St Louis
reviews: 5
2. Re: Noah's Ark

It closed well over 5 years ago although the building is still there. I think I read an article about a year ago that they are putting a facility for the handicapped. At least they will be putting it to good use. I remember going to Noah's ark as a kid. They had the best clam chowder. You can still find it out on the web by using a search for Noah's ark clam chowder. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Great Britain
reviews: 1
3. Re: Noah's Ark

I remember the clam chowder like it was yesterday! They also did the best surf and turf. I remember as a kid being taken there and being fascinated by the hippo outside that opened it's mouth and squirted water out of its nose! It's amazing that my brother and I had room for our main meals after eating so many bread sticks before hand! Happy memories of childhood. We moved to the UK in 1974 and still think about the fun we had there!

The Colony
4. Re: Noah's Ark

I can't believe it closed. We moved to Texas 22 years ago and my husband of 39 yrs. took me there for a wonderful dinner when I was only 18, seems like only yesterday.

STC, MO
reviews: 61
5. Re: Noah's Ark

Actually I think the restaurant has been closed for well over 5 years. We've been back in St. Charles for 9 years and it hasn't been open the whole time. The motel was open until a few years ago though.

Yes there is an aquatic facility going in the hotel area that will cater to handicap. I don't think there are any plans for the restaurant at this time but the big elephant out front is still there.

Do you remember the little giraffes they'd put in your drinks? Was always so much fun to go there.

Saint Charles...
6. Re: Noah's Ark

They recently took down the Ark and are in the process of taking the hotel down.

st louis missouri
reviews: 2
7. Re: Noah's Ark

The hotel should be completely torn down by the end of the week. I was able to do some training through the fire department in the building breaching and breaking through all of its concrete walls. After all the demolition , a housing development , commercial and a handicapped aquatics center will be built there.

reviews: 182
8. Re: Noah's Ark

Another victim of North county... they take without asking.. they just keep coming and taking over the area.. from the politicians to residents.. it's disgusting.

Nashville, TN
9. Re: Noah's Ark

Oh man, that horrible news!!! I remember Noah's Ark as a kid and had forgotten about the plastic girraffes until someone mentioned it!!! I LOVE that clam chowder and make it every winter! I was wishing the place was still open. I live in TN now, but loved it as a kid. I grew up in West County, Manchester area. :(

Great Britain
reviews: 1
10. Re: Noah's Ark

I was just going through some boxes in my spare room the other day to try and sort things out, and would you believe I found some of the plastic giraffes from Noah's Ark?! They were in among some of the stuff we'd brought back from the States and had never been sorted through! They're now in safe keeping with my tiny beer mug from Grant's Farm:-) I don't know if anyone else remembers or can help, but what ever happened to the "Dog N Suds"? My parents used to take me there with my brother now and again and we had the best times. I remember the service brought everything to a tray placed on the car door, just like you see in the movies about the 60's and 50's. Killer root beer and amazing hotdogs!

Get answers to your questions about Saint Charles
Recent Conversations
More Saint Charles Topics