We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a condo in this area?

Which Lake Ozark hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 25
Buying a condo in this area?

We are looking for a place that isn't too long of a drive, that have extended good weather, is friendly, and has a lot to do when we are "laked-out".

Does Lake of the Ozarks fit the bill?

We like to boat, jet ski, hike, walk, tour, eat, find a live band in the evenings, relax, sit by the pool and read a book, find a good restaurant, go to the spa, golf, ride the Harley, go on ATV rides, learn tennis, learn Pilates (me) and crossfit, and explore.

Do you have any of these things? Should we keep looking at Branson? It seems like you have a lot of the same things without the cheesy shows (just my opinion that they are cheesy).

12 replies to this topic
KCK
reviews: 23
11. Re: Buying a condo in this area?

Honestly a $200,000 budget for a really nice 3 bedroom with a slip is probably a bit too low.

I would strongly advise contacting Terry Summers

http://www.summersatthelake.com/

He really know the lake area and he is as honest as they come. If anyone can find what you want for a good price, Terry can.

Olathe, Kansas
reviews: 11
12. Re: Buying a condo in this area?

We have a place at The Shores across the cove from Tuscany. We have been extremely happy here for the most part of almost 10 years. The condos were built in the 80's so they are not newer but many people (like us) have updated. The people here are extremely friendly, there are social events at the pool sometimes to meet more people and we love this quiet side of the lake!

The only downfall we are is the home association dues. They continue to rise without a lot of work being completed. The board of directors needs a major overhaul! But, that being said we still love it here. It is not a high rise, there are plenty of trees, nature, text and the condos are big with nice views.

Reply to: Buying a condo in this area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted