We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

Which Lake Ozark hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 7
Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

I want to book a nice place for my parents to relax near the lake. Everything I come across thus far is WAY outdated and rundown. My dad like the outdoors, but when in for the night, he needs his big screen! The rooms that I see are so drab and rundown. Please help!?

6 replies to this topic
jefferson city...
1. Re: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

Take a look at Camden on the Lake. Updated suites. All very nice.

jefferson city...
2. Re: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

Check out Camden on the Lake. Very nice rooms!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
3. Re: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

Lodge of 4 seasons has a new building of rooms.

springfield, mo.
reviews: 101
4. Re: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

Camden on the Lake has nicest rooms. Tan Tar A is terribly worn out! The Lodge of the Four Seasons depends on the area of the hotel they rent to you! Camden on the Lake (used to be called Horny Toad) has clean modern rooms, nice pool and in a very happening area of the lake with Shady Gators across the cove! The rooms are sound proof but the bars can get really wild!!!

Edited: 4:08 pm, May 08, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 25
5. Re: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

For a B&B experience try Bass and Baskets. Beautiful views of the lake and a great breakfast!

6. Re: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!

Many of the privately owned condos around the Lake are kept very clean and fresh by their owners and lots of those folks like their big screens too! Beware of timeshares where there are multiple owners of a unit or condos that are owned purely for investment and rental income. FInd one where the owners use it more than it's rented. Ask questions about ownership and updates. If the owner has a nice boat, they probably keep a nice condo so it's worth asking about that too. Take a look at reviews on Tripadvisor and call a few of the top ranked places. For example the currently highest ranked lakefront accommodation in Osage Beach is Kapilana Resort where you can find a variety of privately owned 2 and 3 bedroom condos all along the lakefront. MaKe sure you know where you want to be on the Lake and what activities you might want to try. If you're going to be up all night partying, there are places where you can do that without bothering your fellow vacationers. If you want peace and quiet, nice fishing, relaxing atmosphere but close enough to the fun to get there easily, there are places for that too. Ask the question - it's better to find out if your plans are a good fit before you book rather than having conflict after you arrive.

Reply to: Nice/Updated Accommodations- Do they even exist?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted