We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private rental home vs Resort?

Which Lake Ozark hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NW Indiana
reviews: 1
Private rental home vs Resort?

Hi, my family and I are looking to stay somewhere but can't decide on private rental home vs resort...prices seem to be comparable. Would like any advice...if anyone has stayed at both would love to hear pros and cons of both! Thanks :)

Overland Park...
reviews: 27
1. Re: Private rental home vs Resort?

We prefer renting condos. It is nice having the extra space. We use the kitchen even though we also go to restaurants (always for dinner). If for nothing else, keeping soft drinks and bottled water along with limited breakfast items in the refrigerator is handy. Sometimes we just make a light lunch to enjoy at the pool, rather than go out. For longer stays, I've used the wash machine and dryer. Two bathrooms, even if just the two of us, speeds up the getting ready for dinner process. Several times we have rented a condo for a month....then we have used the grill for a dinner or two.

At a resort you would have room service and many more people enjoying the pool.

2. Re: Private rental home vs Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 am, June 20, 2013