We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort recommendation

Which Lake Ozark hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Itasca, Illinois
reviews: 14
Resort recommendation

We are thinking of traveling to lake of the ozarks in july. My husband is undergoing chemo so we need a restful, relaxing place, preferrably on the water with room service, a lakeview and the potential of a boat rental. Would like something updated and possibly not too far from a decent town in case we get adventurous. We have never been to the area so any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

jefferson city...
1. Re: Resort recommendation

Camden on the Lake can fill all your needs. It is a beautiful resort!

Itasca, Illinois
2. Re: Resort recommendation

Thank you ...

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
3. Re: Resort recommendation

I am going to 100 percent disagree with staying at Camden on the lake .

You want a restful, relaxing place, which means quiet. Camden is located in the most busy entertainment complex there is. Bands will be playing in the Horny Toad Complex next door. They play outside, so you will hear it. That place is "party central".

Look at Lodge of the 4 Seasons or Tan Tara. Those are much more laid back and relaxing.

Saint Louis...
4. Re: Resort recommendation

www.4seasonsresort.com would fit your needs. The pool is lovely and has a nice lake view. The restaurants at the resort are upscale.

If you look at www.toadcove.com and www.camdenonthelake.com

you can see the list of rock concerts they have scheduled at Camden on the Lake. Your room will

be next to it.

jefferson city...
5. Re: Resort recommendation

The Lodge and Tan Tar A are very outdated! Yes Camden does have concerts but you can not hear them in your room unless you are out on the balcony! Best rooms at the lake!

Saint Louis...
6. Re: Resort recommendation

Read the reviews of Camden. MANY of the reviewers complain about the noise and partying.

The original poster did not ask for "best room at the lake". She asked for

"restful and relaxing" for her sick husband".

I would assume they want to be able to sit outside and not hear all that noise.

Itasca, Illinois
7. Re: Resort recommendation

greenthum... you are correct.. restful and nice.. if we want to see a band, great, if not I dont want them in the "backyard"

I'll check out all three to be fair and the concert schedule..lol

Thanks again.,.,

Karen

Saint Louis...
8. Re: Resort recommendation

Tan Tara is a big complex. If your husband is not up to alot of walking

this may be a negative. With alot of hills to walk from Bldg to Bldg.

Lodge of 4 Seasons is more compact. It has a very picturesque pool area.

It is older, but it has charm. It is also close to a favorite restaurant of ours,

Lil Rizzo's on HH Road, which has a nice outside patio with a great view of the lake. Ask to be in the main lodge, which is centrally located.

Overland Park...
reviews: 32
9. Re: Resort recommendation

I also suggest the Lodge of Four Seasons and Lil' Rizzo's. The Lodge has

good/great restaurants, too.

10. Re: Resort recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 01, 2015