We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas spirit in KC

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ROCKWALL
reviews: 1
Christmas spirit in KC

Are there any suggestions of a must visit restaurant in the area which is all decked out for Christmas? We will be traveling with a 4 and 5 year old. Thank you.

Kansas City, MO
reviews: 3
1. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

I'm not sure of places that are decorated extensively. Mostly chain restaurants I would be guessing. The locally owned establishments will have holiday themed specials but if you want decorations the only one I can think of would be Nick and Jake's in Overland Park.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
reviews: 21
2. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

Anywhere in Crown Center might be worth checking out, that whole area is really nice at Christmas

Salem, New Hampshire
reviews: 28
3. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

I agree with Crown Center. It's beautifully decorated, there will be lots of Christmas activities for the kids and you can take them to Fritz's Railroad Restaurant for lunch.

http://www.crowncenter.com/

If you have time, visit the Hallmark Visitor Center and let the kids go to Kaleidoscope. It's about an hour of craft-making using Hallmark's recycled products. They are the perfect age and will have a blast...and it's free.

Topeka, Kansas
reviews: 56
4. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

My coworker took a vacation day today since they are taking their 3 year old son to Fritz's Railroad for lunch, and I also agree that Crown Center and the Plaza areas are the Christmas stops for many of us who visit KC this time of the year.

Estes Park, Colorado
reviews: 34
5. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

Definitely Crown Center would be the place to visit

Kansas City...
6. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

Note: these are not restaurant destinations, but might be appropriate:

Strawberry Hill Museum just across the river in Kansas City, Kansas, is decked out for the holidays.

Residence at 75th and Falmouth in Prairie Village, KS, who goes all out with home decorations.

Longview Lake Park has a drive-through Christmas display; 175 displays, 300,000 lights, a 20-foot tall Teddy Bear. Free admission.

jacksongov.org/content/…5638.aspx

7. Re: Christmas spirit in KC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013