We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

George Brett's Restaurant

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
George Brett's Restaurant

Has anyone been to George Brett's Restaurant? I am going to KC in 2 weeks for a convention and thought it might be worth a try. Thanks

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 106
1. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

I am interested in seeing any replies.

I never hear anyone talk about this restaurant.

kansas city
reviews: 21
2. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

nice upscale plaza restaurant-not your typical sports bar

Kansas City
reviews: 32
3. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

You know... I think it would be worth it to stop by if you're interested in baseball and especially the Royals. They have GREAT happy hour specials if I remember correctly? I've actually never had a bad meal there, so I would recommend it. I think if you're going for the food though, there are probably better places to eat. It's really the atmosphere that makes it unique. I might be biased... I'm a huge Royals fan.

Kansas
reviews: 116
4. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

Watch for pine-tar on the booths.

Kansas City...
reviews: 23
5. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

Went last night, not too bad, not too great. It's a sports bar with sports bar food that is probably a $1 or $2 higher than normal given Plaza rent. There are much better places to get a burger, try Westport Flea Market for the best burger in town.

Kansas
reviews: 116
6. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

Ditto on the Flea Market, for the burgers AND the funky atmosphere. Be sure to roll up your sleeves.

For pure sports bar buzz, try Lew's in the Waldo neighborhood - 75th & Wornall - a bit south of the Plaza, or The Brooksider, in (where else?) Brookside - 63rd St. between the Plaza and Waldo. Or, for KC History, huge paper glasses of beer, and hot-dang good pizza you buy through the wall, go to Kelly's in Westport, set in the oldest building in Kansas City, or west of St Louis, or west of somewhere or something! Anyways ... Kelly's is quintessential KC, and you can go there in a suit and Gucci's or cut-offs and flip-flops, and you'll fit right in ... good game tables, and party buzz.

Topeka, Kansas
reviews: 35
7. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

Being a huge George Brett fan, I couldn't wait for it to open. It is nice and upscale for a sports bar and the food is good, but you are paying for the name. I went on my bday (George and I share birthdays) and asked if George might show up, the waitress just looked at me like I was an idiot. It is hard to live up to such a name.

8. Re: George Brett's Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 08, 2009