We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

Which Paracas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii
reviews: 26
Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

I'm putting together the final 3 days of our 16 day tour of Ecuador and Peru for 3 adults.

I have only 3 days/2 nights to try and accomplish Nazca Lines, Balletas Island and back to Lima in early September.

Problem: Our flight from Cusco arrives at 1245 and not sufficient time to make the 2pm bus on Cruz del Sur to Paracas. Since we will have just hiked the Inca Trail, I really wanted to get to Paracas directly, rest, and take AM Balletas Island Tour one Day, then AM Paracas Nazca Lines Flight next day (avoid afternoon flight) - then leisurely head back to Lima. CDS would be fine for return.

I know there is an early AM bus that departs Lima (0345), however would prefer not getting up at 0200 after Inka hike. My family will surely balk. We could depart Lima at 0700, do PM Nazca Lines from Paracas, but not sure about afternoon visibility.

Question: Is there a private transport service or taxi that could deliver us from Lima to Paracas - just "drop and go" charge? Most companies seem to want two/way transportation, which makes this much more expensive. If I wish to stay 3days/2 nights in Paracas, then I am being asked to cover transport plus all driver's expenses ($650).

Please advise of any known options. Many Thanks,

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 306
1. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

Any private transport will charge you a two way fare, as they have to return to Lima anyway.

Fuel in Peru is quite expensive and I would estimate a minimum fare of about S/. 500 to 600 but cannot confirm it.

Do you have dates for this trip ?

Hawaii
2. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

Hola X. I was hoping you would answer.

The dates - arrive Lima 9/4, depart Lima 9/7. September. I just do not need transporter/guide for the interim in Paracas.

Do you think a 1145 or 1345 departure time for Nazca flight from Paracas is "early" enough for optimal viewing?

Warmest thanks.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
3. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

By bus is about 5 to 6 hours ride.

In my car maybe we could do it in about 3 to 3 1/2 hours if you fuel me and buy me lunch ?

Just a thought. I have to visit south around those dates.

Will keep in touch

Write to me on the message section

Hawaii
4. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

Nice. Will private msg you.

Ica, Peru
reviews: 14
5. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

They are charging you too much money. Private transport Lima-paracas should cost around $220 - $260 USD per car per trip. So even if you stay 3 days, or 5 days or 10 days, the total transportation costs should be between $440 USD and $500 USD

If Xochitl can drive you, even better.

Edited: 11:35 pm, June 22, 2013
Lima, Peru
6. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

a company like Green Taxi can do it for you for about the prices PeruisCool is quoting.

Hawaii
7. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

Hola PerulsCool and Gringo B:

Thank you for your kind feedback. I'm glad there are more reasonable options to support our timeframe.

We are planning to meet up with Xochitl and make some new friends in the process.

We are so looking forward to our visit.

Warmest,

Vickie

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 6
8. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

My wife and I are getting in to Lima on Sept 3 early. Would like to find a reliable means of getting to Paracas. Bus would be ok but a lot of time. I eventually want to meet my kids in Puno on Sept 5. Thought maybe try and find driver or travel expert that could point us in right direction. Would like to take in the Island and sand dunes in those couple of days. Am I better off just flying to Paracas from Lima and then back out to Puno on Sept 5? So much to do in 11 days.

Ica, Peru
9. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

The bus is only 4 hours from Lima to Paracas.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
10. Re: Private Transporation Lima to Paracas 1 way - Options Please

No commercial flights from Lima to Paracas.

You will need to hire a cab if you want to spend less time on he road.