We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 104
Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

Looking to take a day trip form Sayulita - is it possible to take a bus to Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho? If so, where would I catch it, the cost, and how often does it run?

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
reviews: 26
1. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

There is no bus to Guayabitos from Sayulita. You will need to either walk or take a bus to the highway, cross to the other side, and flag a north-bound bus, asking to be let off in Guayabitos. I'm not sure how often the bus to San Pancho runs. The information was printed given here a while ago but I can't find it.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 32
2. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

When we stayed in Guayabitos a few years ago, we took a taxi a couple of days to San Pancho (which is directly north of Sayulita, Sean, very easy to get to). I would just take a taxi.

The problem was getting one BACK to Guayabitos, for us....both days we asked the taxi driver to return for us, but the second day he didn't, so we hoofed it out to the highway (long walk!) and ended up catching a sort of colectivo, a white van. And another day we caught one of those in Guayabitos to go to La Penita. Locals, are these around, are they regular, easy to take?

If I can recall, the ride from RdG to San Pancho or Sayulita was just under a half hour, and maybe about 300 pesos or a bit less? You can maybe find someone to share a ride. And the colectivo from San Pancho back to RdG was cheap, about 30 pesos per person.

Edited: 11:03 am, March 28, 2013
Airdrie, Canada
reviews: 12
3. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

We have taken the bus from Bucerias a few times. The Pacifico Bus Station. Class 2 bus to La Penita 50 pesos + or-. Then a 5 minute collectivo to Rincon or tell the bus driver you want off at Rincon and he will stop.

The bus has movies, good opportunity to work on your Spanish.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
4. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

Just to clarify a point that Rissask made, San Pancho is south of Guayabitos, not north.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 32
5. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

I said (or at least meant!) that San Pancho was north of Sayulita....not Guayabitos. Yes, both Sayulita and San Pancho are south of Guayabitos.

"When we stayed in Guayabitos a few years ago, we took a taxi a couple of days to San Pancho (which is directly north of Sayulita, Sean, very easy to get to). I would just take a taxi."

Sorry if that was a bit unclear!

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
6. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

My mistake. I apologize.

7. Re: Rincon de Guayabitos or San Pancho by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita